pixeltracker

Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture- Page 2

Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#25re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:17pm

i have a feeling she's gonna kick ass in this role, and we'll all be sorry we ever doubted this casting choice. i hope i'm not proven wrong!

Marie2
#26re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:26pm

She really isn't Hispanic. She said during her American Idol days that she was French (hence her last name which is spelled DeGarmeux in it's origin), Italian and Native American. She's a typical american heinz 57 with a southern accent.

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#27re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 12:24am

Will she sell tickets? She's a semi-big name.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

Fosse76
#28re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 12:44am

"Will she sell tickets? She's a semi-big name."

To whom? There's been a LOT of stunt casting in the past few years on Broadway, and Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick (though not really stunt casting per se) have really been the only guaranteed sell-outs. It might hel attendance improve slightly, but not too much, if at all.

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#29re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 12:51am

Well, a lot of people who liked her on American Idol may want to see her.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#30re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 1:41am

weeeird....i dont think i can get used to another penny.

haha speaking of pennys, i notice in pictures that Kerry Butler looks WAY more put together and less nerdy than Tracy Miller did as penny (for instance, kerry's wig was combed and curled at the end, and tracy's was messy and nerdier)....did they play the parts completely differently? Was Kerry a "cooler" penny or what?

I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#31re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 10:48am

i just read the whole article on broadway.com. i'm really excited for Diana. it sounds like she worked very hard to get everything down. based on that and what i heard about her rehearsals, it sounds like she could be an excellent Penny. i wish nothing but the best for her tonight!

my guess is they made the role a lot more dorkier over time. i know they added the glasses to make the transformation at the end bigger. but then it's also how each actor performs the role that makes the biggest difference in how nerdy the role is.

::bust a move::
Updated On: 2/7/06 at 10:48 AM

Fosse76
#32re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture
Posted: 2/7/06 at 12:24pm

I was very hesitant about her at first, but having read that article I'm definitely intrigued to see her perform.