News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Guilty Pleasures

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#0Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 10:29am

You know you have it in your CD collection and you love it, but you wouldn't ever admit to it! What shows are your guilty pleasures, and I'm not talking about wicked I mean something you love to listen to but your friends think your weird because of it! Guilty Pleasures

For me:

IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S SUPERMAN: THE MUSICAL

I love Jack Cassidy and Linda Lavin, but the whole recording makes me smile!

ME & JULIET

I can't get enough of those "french-fried potatoes and a T-Bone steak"

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

philcrosby
#1re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 11:22am

The soundtack recording to MAME, with Lucy croaking those Jerry Herman tunes. It mesmerizes me. Along the same lines, I also love the soundtrack recording of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC -- though I must admit the re-worked "Glamorous Life" is brilliant.

But the guiltiest of them all: WHOOP-UP! ("Love eyes, is that you?/ You in those levi's/ Your lipstick's wet and waiting for my smear / Love eyes, come here!")

bare_nakedlady
#2re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 4:28pm

I guess we're the only ones Phil!

I have also thought about getting the Soundtrack to MAME but I own the movie and that's as far as I could go. re: Guilty Pleasures

Updated On: 2/23/06 at 04:28 PM

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#3re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 4:50pm

for me it is Into the Woods. Everytime I listen to it, I smile, or relish in the memory of it. I used to make very long drives in college from home to school, and I would use it to keep me awake. It was always surprising to see what words I knew, or thought I knew vs. listening to it when I was in a coffee fixed daze.

Fond memories!

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

RentBoy86
#4re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 5:08pm

I would agree with Superman lol. I was embarassed to buy it at Barnes & Noble when I did. It's okay.

I'd say my guiltiest pleasure is the fact that I love a good women's power ballad lol. Being that I'm not a girl, its just funny when i sing in my falsetto to belt out "memory" or something while i'm driving.

bare_nakedlady
#5re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 5:13pm

Rentboy - My friend and I always get together and sing "I know him so well" from CHESS in falsetto and it is fantastic. So I completely understand!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 5:20pm

Mamma Mia

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#7re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 5:21pm

I'd say my guiltiest pleasure is the fact that I love a good women's power ballad lol. Being that I'm not a girl, its just funny when i sing in my falsetto to belt out "memory" or something while i'm driving.

hahahah

C is for Company and I have some funny stories to agree with that one! After a fun stay at a local diner, we went to the Bay and I gloriously belted out Glitter and Be Gay. ahh the days of summer . . . .

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Chrysanthemum62001
#8re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 5:27pm

Mamma Mia and Cats.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#9re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 9:14pm

I'm not a ALW fan by a long shot. But ...if pressed, I must admit I get unexplainable pleaure from listening to BANJO BOY from
BY JEEVES. The show SUCKS!!! But that catchy little song always makes me smile.
Updated On: 2/23/06 at 09:14 PM

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#10re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 9:20pm

I used to manage an excellent falsetto Climb Ever Mountain. Good times, good times.

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#11re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 9:37pm

every once in a while i get a craving for the title song in "Fame"

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#12re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/23/06 at 11:55pm

HAPPY HUNTING, DO I HEAR A WALTZ, and LEGS DIAMOND. I know, I'm strange

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

bare_nakedlady
#13re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:10am

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I love DO I HEAR A WALTZ!

Stewart
#14re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:22am

Only because no one knows me:

Starlight Express.

Yes, I know. What can I say? I liked Misfits of Science.

Fate is just an excuse used by men who have no destiny.

ashley0139
#15re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:58am

How is Into the Woods a guilty pleasure? It's a brilliant Sondheim show.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#16re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 12:27pm

no one knows i own (and love to listen to):
- Cinderella (with Brandy & Whitney)
- Pinafore! (LA production)
- Center Stage (movie soundtrack)

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#17re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:26pm

-Fame
-The Phantom of the Opera
-Mamma Mia

Those are all partially because of association, not the actual shows. But I love them anyway.

children&art, I know every single dance in Center Stage by heart. My specialty is the Higher Ground number. Love that movie.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#18re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/24/06 at 1:48pm

footloose.
what can i say i like the music! and jeremy kushnier. :)

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Josh Freilich
#19re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 6:40pm

Fame
Starlight Express
Little Women
Weird Romance
Birds of Paradise
The New Moon
Big

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#20re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 7:58pm

Little Women
Sweet Charity (2005)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#21re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 8:00pm

I feel really guilty about my uncontrollable love for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Does that count?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#22re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 8:11pm

DOCTOR DOLITTLE - although, I don't really feel that guilty about it since the OLC is so infectious and perfect.

JOSEPH - I would never tell my friends that I own the new Patrick Cassidy CD... nope. never.

Oh, and I feel stupid for having the CONTACT CD, but it's not a guilty pleasure... I did like the actual show though...
Updated On: 2/28/06 at 08:11 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#23re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 8:15pm

I admit I own this CD (see link) and I do not belong the religion with which it is affiliated. And I used to listen to it fairly regularly.

Errr, but I do also admit that about a year ago, I lost it. re: Guilty Pleasures
http://bythehandofmormon.com/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Cruel_Sandwich
#24re: Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 2/28/06 at 8:23pm

Zorro: The Musical.

Zorro sang Ave Maria before he killed someone. It sounds bizarre but it was actually rather moving.

Videos