pixeltracker

Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)

Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)

musicaldude57 Profile Photo
musicaldude57
#0Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
Posted: 3/16/06 at 3:38pm

If anyone is familiar with the show, what would you say is the youngest age of a person who should be allowed to see it? Or what kind of a rating would you give it (G, PG, pg-13, R, etc.)? I know nothing about it, so I don't know it's plot or anything. For all I know it could be a show for kids! Please help out.

"And I feel it move me Like a fire deep inside Something bursting me wide open Impossible to hide And suddenly I'm flying Flying like a bird Like electricity Electricity" - Electricity from Billy Elliot The Musical

BSoBW2
#1re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
Posted: 3/16/06 at 3:42pm

Go read the play VOLPONE. It's based on that.

There is sexual innuendo, but overall, I would say it is suitable for children.

There isn't much rough language in it.

I'd say PG or PG-13.

musicaldude57 Profile Photo
musicaldude57
#2re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
Posted: 3/16/06 at 3:44pm

Thank you very much re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)

"And I feel it move me Like a fire deep inside Something bursting me wide open Impossible to hide And suddenly I'm flying Flying like a bird Like electricity Electricity" - Electricity from Billy Elliot The Musical

Yankeefan007
#3re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
Posted: 3/16/06 at 3:45pm

PG-13....there's a lot of sex humor.

Mahatma Kane Jeeves
#4re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
Posted: 3/16/06 at 4:31pm

I was actually in a local production of this show, I played the ultra slimy Lawyer Craven. Great show, one of Gelbart's best, but much of the humor is "ribald" to say the least; certainly not a kid friendly show. I live in a rather conservative northeastern Minnesota city, and we actually had a few walk-outs during intermission due to the adult content, also many complaints about the randiness of the show.

Brush up your Shakespeare, and they'll all kow-tow!

Videos