News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mahatma Kane Jeeves

Member Name: Mahatma Kane Jeeves
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Oliver!' OBCR Lyric Question
 Mar 14 2007, 10:41:34 AM
I think she says "you're all over-fed, every one of ya!" in response to Fagin's boys grabbing at her basket of grub.
Another Camelot clip
 Mar 7 2007, 12:13:54 PM
Wonderful interview with York. This man is, in my opinion, one of the great, unsung actors of our time. OK so Howard Keel he ain't, so WHAT, does the role really require a glorious singing voice? There is no doubt in my mind that York can act the hell out of Arthur and to me, that is the final word; i can't wait to see him when the show hits minneapolis!
re: MAME the movie.
 Jan 5 2007, 11:50:23 PM
"Lucyyyyyy, ju have some 'SPLAINING to do!!!!, wat did ju do with de money i gave ju for singing lessons?!?!?"
preview of 'grease: you're the one that i want' coming up on nbc
 Dec 23 2006, 10:12:45 PM
Kate Marshall's reputation has already been tarnished by her abysmal "direction" of the film version of The Producers, which now is the dictionary definition of "photographed stage play."
The film turned out to be a turkey the size of Godzilla and deservedly so. Associating herself with this reality show dreck certainly doesn't help her cause.

re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard
 Apr 13 2006, 12:29:35 PM
In my opinion, The Secret Garden has one of the lovliest, most powerful scores in the history of musical theater.
re: Sly Fox by Larry Gelbart (question)
 Mar 16 2006, 04:31:09 PM
I was actually in a local production of this show, I played the ultra slimy Lawyer Craven. Great show, one of Gelbart's best, but much of the humor is "ribald" to say the least; certainly not a kid friendly show. I live in a rather conservative northeastern Minnesota city, and we actually had a few walk-outs during intermission due to the adult content, also many complaints about the randiness of the show.
re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
 Jan 23 2006, 12:10:48 AM
Interestingly enough, I played the role of Uncle Chris in both the standard and the musical version of "I Remember Mama." The musical version has a lovely score, Richard Roger's last, and Uncle Chris actually has a musical death scene!!! :)
re: BWW Video Show Preview: Rosie O'Donnell In 'Fiddler On The Roof'
 Oct 8 2005, 11:25:37 AM
Nice accent Rosie, "it doesnt change a TING!" She reminded me of Ralph Kramden in turn of the century female peasant garb, ohhhh the humanities!!! "To the MOON Tevya-bang zoom, humana humana humana".
re: Producers...US site now up
 Oct 8 2005, 11:04:01 AM
Is it just me or does the trailer really try to downplay the fact that the film is above all a MUSICAL! I really sort of resent this type of deceptive marketing.
re: Photo Flash: Sneak Peek at Sweeney Todd
 Oct 8 2005, 10:56:57 AM
Very cool pic, but i notice that Mike C. is wearing a standard, current men's tie. Is this new production of Sweeny set in today's era and no longer a period piece?

re: the grass harp...
 Aug 28 2005, 11:40:59 PM
I adore the tune "Yellow Drum," an incredibly catchy number which once heard, can never be forgotten!

re: Most touching ballads?
 Aug 28 2005, 11:26:28 PM
My all time fave ballad is "Sarah" from THE CIVIL WAR. One of the most haunting, touching tunes i've ever heard; makes the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. Did anyone get to see this show during it's original run and if so, what was the impact of this lovely song on the audience? Also, some feedback on the show itself would be much appreciated.

re: Well, I finally saw the producers, and.....
 Aug 24 2005, 09:44:04 PM
I completely agree!!! The Producers, in my opinion, is the most overblown, overstuffed, overrated "musical" in the history of musical theater. The score is about as lame and forgettable as the musical version of "Lost Horizon." For any lucky soul who's still not seen this abysmal version do youself a favor, save yourself 100 bucks and rent the classic, screamingly funny 1968 film; you'll be SO much better off.
re: Annie national tour review
 Aug 24 2005, 08:30:10 PM
This is really great to hear! Annie has long been due for a facelift, this new production sounds like just the ticket! Conrad John Schuck, in my opinion, is one of our great, unsung character actors who's never really got his due. Remember his great turn in the original film version of MASH as the Painless Pole, "the best equipped dentist in the army?"
re: Best/Worst Musical Movies
 Aug 23 2005, 10:52:18 AM
BEST
West Side Story
The Music Man
The Sound Of Music
Oliver!

WORST
Mame(Ohhhh Lucy, you REALLY have some 'splaining to do; what did ju do with all de money i gave you for singing lessons?!?"
Camelot
Man Of La Mancha
A Chorus Line.

I Hate Hamlet
 Aug 23 2005, 10:38:00 AM
Greetings Guys and Dolls, newbie here in need of some info about the comedy I Hate Hamlet. Our local theater company is doing it for our fall production, and I intend to audition for the role of John Barrymore's ghost. I understand that the show was rather a flop on broadway, but all the reviews i've read have been just incredible. Has anyone seen or been a part of this show? Also, I read that a bitter feud between it's 2 leading men was a major factor in it's failure on broadway. Any feedback
re: Maury Yeston
 Feb 26 2005, 11:36:15 AM
Great thread! I've just been cast in our local theater's spring production of "Phantom" as Alain Cholet. In my opinion, Yeston's score is brilliant and touches places in me that Webber's score does not even begin to. It's nothing short of a crime that this GEM of a show remains virtually unknown while the overrated, overblown Webber version thrives. Not to mention Kopit's book for the show which is SO much better constructed both story and charater wise. Kopit brings a refreshing humor to the sh
re: Maury Yeston
 Feb 11 2005, 04:52:11 PM
I must agree, Yeston's music is underrated and amazing. Our local theater company is doing his version of "Phantom" as our spring production. Auditions are next week, and i'm completely stoked!
re: Meet Me In St. Loius OBC
 Feb 11 2005, 12:18:51 PM
I have the OBCR CD and for the most part I like the additional songs, save for the lame "Banjos" ditty. I would have loved to have seen the great Betty Garrett as the feisty irish maid; Her big number "A Touch Of The Irish" is especially fun and must have been a real show-stopper.
re: Nathan and Matt do The Odd Couple
 Feb 11 2005, 12:02:27 PM
Just what the stage needs, yet ANOTHER version of this golden moldy; classic play that's been done absolutely to death and beyond. I know i'm in the minority here but i consider Nathan Lane to be infinately annoying, unfunny and grating.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You