pixeltracker

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!- Page 12

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#275re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 10:27pm

No. Because I'd be freaking out ridiculous amounts (in a good way) if I went and saw Lestat and opened my Playbill to find a "at tonight's performance..." sheet with Drew as Lestat. Maybe no tears, but there would be definite "OHMYGODOHMYGODYAY!" going on. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

thespian geek
#277re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 2:31am

I love it, too. Though I felt really bad getting rid of my Kevin Kern avatar in the process. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! I need a picture of Drew, Jim, and Kevin. Then I'll make THAT my avatar and be content.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#278re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 3:03am

I also wouldn't mind seeing Will Swenson. Why?
http://www.sonsofprovo.com

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#279re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:37am

Will is a nice looking man. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

The cool thing about this is when Drew goes on for Lestat, Will will be on as Armand.

LizzieCurry
#280re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 2:10pm

The movie clips are hysterical, too.

I wonder if he really is hardcore Mormon, or just plays one in the movies. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! 'Cuz I'm sure he couldn't be all that comfortable doing some of the Armand stuff. (Or at least wasn't, starting out.)

thespian geek
#281re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 4:12pm

This is why they're actors. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! Drew's a devout Christian.

LizzieCurry
#282re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 10:36pm

I know, but STILL! re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

I can think of an actor in Rent who refused to perform at some LGBT event becaues of his beliefs. Which I thought was interesting...

And then there was Lisa Hopkins, in Baz Luhrmann's La Bohème. But she was just nuts.

thespian geek
#283re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:28pm

I can think of an actor in Rent who refused to perform at some LGBT event becaues of his beliefs.

I guess I always knew those kind of Broadway people/actors were out there, but it still comes as a shock considering he's in RENT. Of all shows! What the hell?

LizzieCurry
#284re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:40pm

That's what I was thinking! Okay, so you're not comfortable participating in an event that's advocating something you may not believe in -- but you're in Rent? re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

thespian geek
#285re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:48pm

Sure makes sense to me! Don't know what your problem is, Lizzie.

..Damnit, now I have to clean up this sarcasm that oozed everywhere. *sigh*

thespian geek
#286re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 2:46pm

Did you guys see the (one) positive review Lestat got? It's from NYTheatre.com .... no mention of Drew, sadly, but I almost want to write this guy and thank him profusely.

http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/lestat2619.shtml

LizzieCurry
#287re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 3:29pm

I suppose it's too bad this one came out two weeks after opening, so it doesn't really soften the blow.

Lestat got one good review in SF, too, but from a paper in Rossmoor. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! Rossmoor, for those who don't know, is a gated community in Walnut Creek, about 40 minutes from SF. It's for rich old folks. If you're under 55 you have to state at the gate why you're driving in there.

thespian geek
#288re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 7:02pm

Doesn't really soften the blow, no, but it's still nice to see after all that negativity.

EponineThenardier
#290re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 8:02pm

I've said this before, but what I don't understand is why Lestat is getting the majority of the flack this season? From what I hear Tarzan, Wedding Singer, Ring of Fire and others are just as "bad" (even though I don't think Lestat is a disaster by any means).

Why is Lestat the one to get picked on? And the idea that Tarzan could get best sets and costumes Tony nominations when Lestat will likely be shut out makes me furious.

thespian geek
#293re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/12/06 at 3:51pm

Speaking of RoF, I don't know how many of you are actually able to go, but is anyone planning on catching a game during the Broadway Show League? Lestat went up against Ring of Fire this week. The site hasn't been updated yet, so I don't know who won. And I have no idea if Drew played, though I assume he did since he's into sports. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

thespian geek
#294re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/12/06 at 9:25pm

Lestat won against Ring of Fire 21/4 - talk about whoopin' ass, hm? Haha. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

LizzieCurry
#296re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/12/06 at 9:42pm

You've never head of the Broadway Show League?

http://www.broadwayshowleague.com/latest_news.htm

thespian geek
#297re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/12/06 at 10:09pm

It's where a lot of the Broadway shows go up against each other in softball games during the summer. :) Good times.

thespian geek
#299re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/12/06 at 11:17pm

You should hit up a game if you're there when there is one. :)

LizzieCurry
#301re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 1:00am

http://www.broadwayshowleague.com/2006%20Season/Schedule%202006/1130Division.htm

Updated On: 5/13/06 at 01:00 AM

thespian geek
#302re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 1:02am

https://www.broadwayshowleague.com/2006%20Season/Schedule%202006/1130Division.htm

And by the way, I love that picture of Drew as Armand that you have from the program! Though now I have "After All This Time" stuck in my head. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! Not that this is a bad thing...

EponineThenardier
#303re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 2:24pm

joanna, is your icon pic from a program? Is there a souvenier program avaliable for the show now? :)

thespian geek
#304re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/13/06 at 2:41pm

Yeah, there is! Most of the pictures in it we've already seen, but there's a couple of new ones (like that one of Armand).

Scans were provided by Little-lotte from the Lestat/Panarophile boards. Joanna uploaded them to her photobucket and posted the link on the Drew Sarich community at LJ:

https://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/joannalestat/Backgrounds%20Banners%20and%20Designs/

re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

PS. Sorry for stealing your.. question.. Joanna. LOL

EponineThenardier
#306re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/14/06 at 1:08pm

Oooh thanks for the pics. :) I really wish they had released production photos of him as Armand in SF. But I guess they had already done their one photoshoot when Jack was still in the role. Oh well...

thespian geek
#308re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/15/06 at 1:52pm

As most of us are aware, Broadway.com is no longer doing the Lestat blog. They won't take the camera back to the theatre for them to do more and I hear cast members aren't too pleased? And obviously, I'm not too pleased, either. Those blogs were fun and seemed to get a lot of people interested in seeing the show. So, what we need to do is pester the hell out of Broadway.com until they break and take the camera back! re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

Ways to Send Your Responses Online to Broadway.com
General Inquiries: info@broadway.com

Or write them at:
Broadway.com
1650 Broadway, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10019

Though for obvious reasons, keep it mature. :p Not that any of you wouldn't, but I suppose that's a precaution?
Updated On: 5/15/06 at 01:52 PM

Videos