News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thespian geek

thespian geek Profile Photo
Member Name: thespian geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 31 2015, 07:58:18 PM

asmith0307 said: "Looks like only the Imperial is dimming their lights. 

https://twitter.com/TheBwayLeague/status/638495452887949312"

Impressive that it's happening at all, I think. I'm glad it is though.

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 30 2015, 07:45:55 PM

There will be a memorial of sorts in Central Park at the Bethesda Fountain tomorrow afternoon (2pm) with the Les Mis cast that the public is invited to attend.

https://twitter.com/BroadwayBlack/status/638088913958105088

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 29 2015, 03:57:50 PM

I don't know why it was timestamped that, Chris just tweeted it like.. 20 minutes ago? But see my above edit, I was wrong.

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 29 2015, 03:52:34 PM

Considering how many of them are tweeting right now when they would be on stage, though? I don't know, I guess I could be wrong. I'm just assuming.

EDIT: I am wrong, they are doing the matinee. https://instagram.com/p/6-s1BhK65RLx7BVaWlFADC_n4rlEPZ_7-3PXw0/

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 29 2015, 03:41:36 PM

I'm under the impression the matinee was cancelled based on Chris McCarrell's tweet just now.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMzCarrell/status/637710725268566016

I hope that's the case, I can't imagine that cast going through with a show like Les Mis after that sort of news. Sending them all so much love and healing thoughts.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 22 2015, 11:39:14 PM

As far as I'm aware, the make up is designed to be sweat off/run the more the show progresses, but if it was that much of an issue for him then they definitely need to do something. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the glitter got in his eye or something and that was what was irritating him so badly.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying these early reports and I can't wait to hear how he settles into the role. Looking forward to seeing him at the end of September!

Hedwig after Criss  May 4 2015, 07:44:07 PM

If they ever decided to cast a woman and she was willing/available, I'd say Amanda Palmer would be outstanding.

Galavanting  Jan 4 2015, 10:46:56 PM
It seemed to be going for Robin Hood Men in Tights and less Princess Bride. Personally, I enjoyed it. It's ridiculous and campy and a good way to spend an hour on a Sunday evening. Though I think the guy who plays King Richard understands the sort of comedy the show was aiming for better than most of the cast (save for Sid and the chef).
PIPPIN Movie Cast  Dec 29 2014, 10:35:33 AM
I'm just going to throw the idea out there for George Blagden as Pippin. He was Grantaire in the Les Mis movie and has loads of training in musical theatre, but has been doing more television than anything else. If you YouTube him, he puts up a lot of covers and has a wonderful voice and I think would be an excellent fit for the role.
The Last 5 Years Movie Trailer  Dec 8 2014, 02:33:46 PM
As far as I've heard, the release date is still set for Valentine's Day.
Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season  Nov 10 2014, 01:19:31 PM
Guess that's one less show I'll be deciding between when I go to NYC in March. Jeremy Jordan was my only draw to see this, so I'd been hoping he would do the transfer, too.
GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production  Sep 3 2014, 10:05:10 AM
I actually think she looks pretty fantastic. Plus anything is better than Carrie Underwood looking like the Swiss Miss girl.
Worst and best examples of stunt casting.  Aug 17 2014, 04:49:34 PM
Personally, I think some of the best "stunt" casting I've seen would be Billie Joe Armstrong as St. Jimmy in American Idiot. He was better in the role than Tony Vincent, in my opinion, and definitely kept that show afloat much longer than it would have been had he not stepped in (especially given some of the other stunt casting they did for that role in his absence).
The Last Five Years Movie Screening At Toronto Film Festival  Jul 22 2014, 12:51:42 PM
Screening at TIFF is pretty fantastic though. At least it's not some tiny film festival or something. Hopefully this will get it the push it needs to find a distributor.
New Camelot tour-- any info?  Jul 20 2014, 10:47:05 PM
My friend Andy is going to be on this tour, though I don't know for sure who he is playing. The guy is damned talented though, so if the rest of the cast is up at his level, the acting/singing should be really on point at least.
The Last Five Years Movie - New Info Coming!  Jul 15 2014, 12:46:51 AM
Any idea what it cost to actually make the movie? Maybe they should just find a way to release it online or VOD or something if they can't do a theatrical release.
Laura Osnes, Santino Fontana, Andrew Keenan-Bolger & More Set to Lead Transport Group's THE MUSIC MAN Concert  Jul 9 2014, 11:28:16 AM
Damn, I really want to see this cast..
Not for me  Jul 6 2014, 12:34:51 AM
I saw one production photo where you very clearly see a red banner that says "OCCUPY" on it. So I believe it is supposed to be set in more present day, though maybe not any specific location since the Occupy movement ended up sort of world wide. Makes me think of the setting for the UK JCS arena tour.
Once's New Logo Design  Jun 23 2014, 10:46:04 AM
I like the West End production's new design more, personally..

http://www.oncemusical.co.uk/

Simple Questions: Any and all responses are welcome  Jun 17 2014, 02:09:19 PM
I do if it's a show I ended up liking enough to want to buy merch from (more often than not, I do). My usual purchases usually end up being a souvenir programs and/or a mug, if they have them. But definitely the souvenir programs for sure over the mug.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You