Landscape of the Body

kate2
#0Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 3:44pm

Did this show close? I haven't heard much about it or the wonderful Sherie Rene Scott.

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#1re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 4:15pm

Last performance tonight at 8.

LucilleAndLeoFrank
#2re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 4:50pm

Actually, it's been extended through next Sunday, May 28. However, beginning Tuesday, ticket prices are raised from $15 to $55.

kate2
#3re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:28pm

Wow! That's a pretty steep increase for one week!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#4re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:33pm

Well, apparently Signature received a large grant that subsidized ticket prices for their season. I assume that grant doesn't cover the production costs for an extention - hence tickets are being sold at normal prices.

#5re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:34pm

The reason for the sudden increase is because the Signature's season is subsidized greatly by TimeWarner (I believe that is who is doing it) which makes all tickets for all shows during the regular runs of their shows only $15. But if the show extends it goes back to regular Signature prices because TW is only subsidizing the regular season. Hopefully TW will do this again and other companies will follow suit.

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#6re: Landscape of the Body
Posted: 5/21/06 at 7:34pm

Thanks, LucilleandLeo. I had missed news of the extension; I figured there would be an extension but then I didn't hear about one.

So I guess the performance I'm seeing in a half hour or so is not the last performance after all.

Videos