News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LucilleAndLeoFrank

Member Name: LucilleAndLeoFrank
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Two Gentlemen of Verona: The Musical question  Jan 5 2007, 08:54:15 PM
Thanks, Yankee. Watching a certain clip, I'm astounded how much our Silvia resembles Renee Elise Goldsberry, both physically and vocally. Such a great production. Too bad it was never recorded.
re: Two Gentlemen of Verona: The Musical question  Jan 5 2007, 08:40:45 PM
Thanks very much, guys.
Two Gentlemen of Verona: The Musical question  Jan 5 2007, 08:11:58 PM
Hi. I'm an associate artistic director at a local theater company and I'm readying a production of the musical version of Two Gentlemen of Verona. I saw the production in the park two years ago, and am very familiar with the cast recording, but I have one question: does Valentine absolutely have to be black, or can that be a colorblind role? Thanks in advance.
re: Laurents vs. LuPone - does Sondheim have a say?  Aug 23 2006, 11:00:56 AM
I thought Laurents originally wanted Betty Buckley, until he saw her in the Paper Mill production and hated her and blocked her from future productions.
re: A Chorus Line- Any Discounts ?  Aug 23 2006, 10:26:55 AM
Yeah, tickets are definitely going at a brisk pace. Yesterday I tried to get three tickets for the first week of previews, but the only tickets they had together were in the rear mezzanine, and to the extreme side. I decided to get three singles instead, and even then the best they had was only rear orchestra.
re: broadway people born on your birthday  Jul 15 2006, 06:24:34 PM
9/12:

Helen Strickland 09/12/1863
Maurice Chevalier 09/12/1888
Eleanor Woodruff 09/12/1891
Billy Gilbert 09/12/1894
Eileen Beldon 09/12/1901
Billy Daniels 09/12/1915
Edward Binns 09/12/1916
Irene Dailey 09/12/1920
Freddie Jones 09/12/1927
Ian Holm 09/12/1931
Dean Dittman 09/12/1932
Linda Gray 09/12/1942
Barry White 09/12/1944
Joe Pantoliano 09/12/1951
Peter Scolari 09/12/1954
Gregg Edelman 09/12/1958
Simone

re: Last Minute Rush!!!  Jul 15 2006, 06:21:40 PM
I went to Inishmore this past Tuesday and got a rush ticket a half hour before curtain. It was third row mezzanine.

Jacques Brel is never sold out. Rush is always available, and totally worth it. I've rushed it twice and both times I got center orchestra.

Bridge and Tunnel rush is pretty easy to obtain, too. I went two months ago about an hour before curtain and got a ticket. It was rear mezz, but the theater is so small that the seat was fine.

re: Three Penny Opera - Lauper stops show to correct audience member  Jun 26 2006, 05:39:11 PM
I was at this performance of THREEPENNY and Cyndi was right to tell these girls off. They weren't even being discreet about taking the pictures; they were doing it all in a very blatent and distracting manner. I was sitting in the third row on the side and was very distracted.

At the stage door afterwards, Cyndi read them the riot act again and their faces turned beet red. I (and the people around me) could barely control my laughter. I say brava to Cyndi and hope we don't have to wa

re: Can This Macbeth Be Saved? (MEGASPOILERS)  Jun 24 2006, 03:49:57 PM
Loads of spoilers follow, so proceed with caution.

I did the cancellation line on Tuesday night. I got on line at around six and was about the fifteenth person in line. The first person had gotten there at around 3, according to the line monitor. At 6:30, the line monitor began passing out tickets to those with stand-by vouchers (only 25 vouchers had been handed out that morning, and at least 10 people didn't show). At around 7:20, she moved over to the cancellation line and began distr

SPRING AWAKENING ticket question  Jun 23 2006, 03:46:39 PM
Can somebody please post the telephone number that you can call to inquire about the $10 tickets? Also, if you know what a could time to call would be, could you please post that as well. Thanks!

Jim

re: Can This Macbeth Be Saved? (MEGASPOILERS)  Jun 17 2006, 06:41:19 PM
Liev will sign autographs but don't expect him to be overly chatty. I've met him several times and have gotten the impression that he's an intensely shy person, very uncomfortable with large crowds. An introvert. But he's still very cordial and will sign for everyone waiting.

Jennifer signed after The Real Thing a few years ago and took pictures.

re: Can This Macbeth Be Saved? (MEGASPOILERS)  Jun 17 2006, 03:19:04 PM
Thanks. I'm thinking of trying the standby line for tomorrow night, since work obligations permit me from lining up in the morning.
re: Can This Macbeth Be Saved? (MEGASPOILERS)  Jun 17 2006, 03:11:15 PM
Alix-

What time did you get on the standby line and what time did you receive your ticket?

re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door  May 29 2006, 06:09:17 PM
She came out after the performance I attended. I was shocked because it was a matinee and I highly doubted she'd leave between shows. Everyone came out and signed after the performance with the exception of Georgia Engel, who literally RAN out the stage door into a waiting cab.
Sarah Jessica Parker  May 29 2006, 05:51:55 PM
A few:

Rebecca Luker and Mary Stuart Masterson after NINE: signed, took pictures, and chatted for a good while with both of them. The entire cast was very nice but those two stuck out in my mind.

LANDSCAPE OF THE BODY: I was the only person waiting after a Sunday matinee. Lili Taylor came out after about 5 minutes and talked to me for 20 minutes. She signed my playbill and my I SHOT ANDY WARHOL DVD cover and personalized, "To Jim, a great fan and person With Love, Lili Taylor".

re: Shining City Rush Question  May 28 2006, 04:49:06 PM
My seats were front row mezzanine (AA 120 and 121). $26 each, sold when the box office opens. I bought mine at 12:30 for a 2 o'clock matinee.

The show is very good. A little slow at times, but worthwhile.

re: History Boys Student Rush  May 25 2006, 03:32:10 PM
Standing room is $22 and can be bought in advance. I bought two standing room tickets for a Saturday night on the Wednesday prior. An excellent way to see this incredible play cheaply.
re: Landscape of the Body  May 21 2006, 04:50:13 PM
Actually, it's been extended through next Sunday, May 28. However, beginning Tuesday, ticket prices are raised from $15 to $55.
re: My Security Run-In At Today's Caine Mutiny Matinee  May 21 2006, 04:46:45 PM
I'm not posting to pass judgment here on Yankeefan; I just wanted to respond to the comment about Zeljko Ivanek being uptight. He most certainly is not. I met him after Pillowman and Caine Mutiny and he was personable and friendly, signing my playbill and going out of his way to have a conversation with me both times. He's probably just upset that his show, a show in which he received stellar reviews and a Tony nomination, is closing after such a paltry run.
re: Faith Healer Rush?  Apr 19 2006, 07:01:58 AM
Went to the box office last week to inquire about rush, and they said that the show is sold out through June and that they have no plans to offer rush tickets. They said that there would be standing room and a cancellation line, though.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You