pixeltracker

Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?- Page 4

Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
bwaychae5192
#75re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/17/08 at 11:54pm

When I saw Bee on Memorial Day weekend in Norfolk this year, Dana (who was playing Logainne) started her rant with, "This bee is about as exciting as David Cook winning American Idol."

One of the volunteer spellers was wearing a white sequined top and a yellow skirt, so Mrs. Peretti's comment was, "Ms. _____'s school colors are mustard and sequins."

The last volunteer speller took his blazer off and tossed it down where he was sitting when he was called back up to spell his "impossible word". I think that was the first show I have ever seen someone break character. Dana picked it up and handed it to someone else to put on the gentleman when the kids crossed to the stairs.

Were I living near NYC, LA, Boston, or Chicago, Bee and I would have gotten to know each other very well. Maybe this new non-union tour and I will become acquainted with each other, since I'm not six hours from those stops (there's four popular theatres for non-equity tours that are less than three hours away)...

Every living soul has got a voice - you've got to give it room and let it sing.
Updated On: 6/17/08 at 11:54 PM

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#76re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/18/08 at 12:08am

"If you switch the first and second vowels in 'Olive', it spells 'I love'."
"Yeah, well, if you switch the first two vowels in 'William' it spells 'William'..."

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
bwaychae5192
#77re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/18/08 at 12:18am

My favorite sentence is the one for flugaloom.

"Come hither, Heidi, and... FLUGALOOM! FLUGALOOM!"

I think I'm in love with Leaf Coneybear. Everything he says is just adorable.

Every living soul has got a voice - you've got to give it room and let it sing.

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#78re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/18/08 at 12:50am

We saw the bee in Chicago with our school, and our pregnant English teacher was picked to be in the bee.

She went up the first time and Ms. Peretti said

"Ms. Alberstett has gone all the way.....(pause with lots of laughter) to Belgium! She has gone all the way to Belgium!"

and the second time she went up

"Ms. Alberstett is president of her Junior High's abstinence club... Oops."

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#79re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/18/08 at 8:53am

Wow - a really old thread brought back.

My favorite came from the adult B

Word - Palaestra

Definition- In ancient Greece and later Rome, it was a place devoted to the teaching and practice of wrestling.

Sentence - Leaving the palaestra, the two boys cupped their buttocks saying next time we play Romulus and they play Remus (Ream Us).

choked_on_tittup
#80re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
Posted: 6/18/08 at 10:07am

Panch- Hasenpfeffer
William- Yes of course hasenpfeffer, the highly seasoned rabbit stew often served with sour cream.
Panch- Sour cream, yes!
William- My old friend...

Honestly I don't remember that one but I saw it on a youtube video and it had me cracking up

and who could forget..

William- WERE THERE PEANUTS IN THE BROWNIES? *GASP* CAUSE *GASP* HE SAID THERE WEREN'T PEANUTS IN THE BROWNIES *GASP*

re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?