Shame on the TONYS

Myfavmeatpie Profile Photo
Myfavmeatpie
#0Shame on the TONYS
Posted: 6/12/06 at 1:59am

Well....
Another year. Another embarassing TONY production. I want to tar and feather anyone involved. Broadway, off broadway...HECK NEW YORK is full of talented people. How is it we consistantly put on THE WORST AWARDS SHOW EVER?????? None of this is news, nor is it a surprise. But come on...Pajama (excuse me while I throw up in my mouth) Game over Sweeney Todd???? Ok. Now that I have the Sweeney issuse out on the table I can move on.

First off where was the opening number??? Calling Rosie?? Or Hugh Jackman??

We are Theater people. We do musicals for a living. Where the hell was the opening number??? The only thing I saw was a BAD frank Sinatra (BAD) wanna be, singing worse than I even expected. Looking as if he were fighting off a stroke while trying to keep his piece glued down (thats some bad hair).

But my favorite part of the entire telecast was when BEBE and CHITA were talking about all the previous tony winners gathering together. Some all the way from europe....to take a group photo together. Then we cut akwardly to the photo....................
(LAUGHTER ERUPTS AT MY TONY PARTY) The group shot of my local AA meeting was taken with better care than this piece of crap.

The TONY award is an honnor (wink) Shame on the TONYS Why should it be treated with such a second rate feeling?? There is a way to have some class and still put on a show interesting enough to hold the theater crowd's interest as well as the general public. Oh well its too late to keep complaing. I am sure there are still less mis-spellings in this message board post, than there were embarassing, dreadful moments on the 2006 TONYS.

LucyVanPelt
#1To: myfavmeatpie
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:24am

Harry Connick doesn't wear a hair piece. Also, he is not a bad Sinatra wanna-be, I agree on certain notes and certain inflections he does sound like a young Sinatra, but that is just his real voice. I thought he was great in Pajama Game, and I guess the theater-going public did too, it was a sell-out! He is unbelievable in concert. I have seen him twice, once at Symphony Hall in Boston (in the second row!)and another time at the Fleet Pavilion in Boston(in the front row!). That time it was a band member's birthday and he brought out a big cake and cut it up and leaned over the stage and handed me a piece of cake. So I can tell you for sure he does not wear a hairpiece! The hairdo you saw tonight is right for the period in which Pajama Game is set, you moron! Harry is also an incredible musician, he does all the arrangements for his band. He is dealing with a back injury right now and that's probably why he wasn't his best tonight. Sounds like you are just jealous!!!! LOL

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#2To: myfavmeatpie
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:43am

Harry Connick Jr is incredible and his back is hurting right now. He wanted to perform and attend, so he did his best. People need to realize that. And certainly does NOT wear a 'hair piece.'

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

blueroses
#3To: myfavmeatpie
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:57am

Jesus, I love Harry Connick Jr. too--have for years (though I think he was strangely disconnected in last night's opening number)--but was it really necessary to call someone a "moron"? I'll never understand why people on a theater messageboard take fandom to such an extreme that manners just go out the window. Stating your opinion is great, but attacking a fellow poster who disagrees with you is pointless and rude.
Updated On: 6/12/06 at 08:57 AM

Videos