Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#0Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/11/06 at 8:53pm

with an upcoming production of the 1943 judy garland and fred astaire movie-to-stage adaptation coming soon to broadway, whats your dream cast?

i know ive got mine!:
Hanna Brown(Judy Garland)-Sutton Foster
Don Hughes(Fred Astaire)-Brian Stokes Michele
Nadine Hail(Anne Miller)-Ruthie Henshaw

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#1re: Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:11pm

They better put Mr. Monotony into the broadway production. That number should never have been cut from the movie.

maybethistime
#2re: Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:37pm

Agreed, JewishBoy. I ADORE that song!

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#3re: Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/11/06 at 11:46pm

Maybe..., Did you happen to see my picture :)? One of my favorite musical comedy songs of all time.

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#4re: Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/12/06 at 1:51am

Is this the same production that Tommy Tune helmed awhile ago? I remember hearing it was to premiere in Australia and then it kinda disappeared...I think Sandy Duncan was attached at one point.

I'd like to see Jeffry Denman in Astaire's part. His dancing comes as close to Astaire's as I've ever seen, and I thought he was a great actor when I saw him in WC. I have no idea for the other roles, though.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#5re: Your EASTER PARADE Dream Cast
Posted: 8/12/06 at 8:58am

A theater here in MN is putting on the World Premiere of this show. It should be amazing. Casting is the 18th and 19th, but we don't find out who's cast untill the production untill it starts, which is next Feb.. They've had a lot of people from Broadway come and do shows here, so we'll see if any are in this production.

Videos