pixeltracker

Kiki & Herb tonight / song inquiry

Kiki & Herb tonight / song inquiry

WigInABox Profile Photo
WigInABox
#0Kiki & Herb tonight / song inquiry
Posted: 9/6/06 at 1:12am

Saw Kiki & Herb tonight and while these boards aren't giving them much love, IMO it was great entertainment and more smart and stirring than anything on Broadway.

I sat two rows behind Dr. Ruth tonight & Michael Cerveris was there as well looking cute with Megan McGinnis.

I was a Kiki virgin and didn't know what to expect, but I'm hooked now - boozy, ballsy, and laugh at loud funny. Kiki has some great digs at Bush and the Catholic church. Her covers (loved the Gnarls Barkley song) and her original songs are great performance pieces. To be fair and balanced - several older audience members did leave during or after intermission.

Question for the fans out there: Does anyone know the name of the song in Act 2 that she sings after her 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' reference about patriotism? She mentions later that it was written on 9/11. Loved it, and dying to hear it again...

"It's very difficult to keep the line between the past and the present." - Ms. Beale

ntyracademy
#1re: Kiki & Herb tonight / song inquiry
Posted: 9/6/06 at 1:30pm

The song is called 'patriot's heart' and is by Mark Eitzel who released it with his band American Music Club. The rest of his songs are just as awesome.......

Videos