News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WigInABox

WigInABox Profile Photo
Member Name: WigInABox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: I JUST WON 2 TICKETS TO THE NEW ZORRO WORKSHOP!!!!
 Nov 15 2006, 08:36:15 PM
I've got an extra ticket for the 5:30 reading (Thursday, Nov. 15). Happy to share it with someone - let me know. First come, first serve - and yup, it's free!

Special Effect on stage that had the most impact to you in the storytelling
 Oct 20 2006, 10:02:23 AM
Mary flying out into and around the theatre in Mary Poppins.
Also Bert climbing up the side of the stage and dancing on the ceiling.

Hopefully they do the same things on Broadway?

re: Drowsy Lottery for Sunday Matinee
 Oct 5 2006, 11:36:46 PM
was there last sunday --- it wasn't the Wicked lotto (a sea of people) but there were at least 35-40 people, plus tons of others who had entered their names and not waited for the drawing. The girl doing the lotto pulled 5-10 names straight of people who weren't there or didn't need the tickets. So- your chances aren't horrible... but we didn't win tickets

re: Ms. Tracy Turnblad...
 Sep 6 2006, 01:25:06 AM
John Waters looks like he's in costume here... making an appearance in the film maybe? This film will be quite G-rated compared to his other works. I've never heard how he reacted to the stage version - anyone know?
Kiki & Herb tonight / song inquiry
 Sep 6 2006, 01:12:19 AM
Saw Kiki & Herb tonight and while these boards aren't giving them much love, IMO it was great entertainment and more smart and stirring than anything on Broadway.

I sat two rows behind Dr. Ruth tonight & Michael Cerveris was there as well looking cute with Megan McGinnis.

I was a Kiki virgin and didn't know what to expect, but I'm hooked now - boozy, ballsy, and laugh at loud funny. Kiki has some great digs at Bush and the Catholic church. Her covers (loved the Gnarls Barkle

re:
 Jun 13 2006, 12:10:15 AM
The Heidi Chronicles.
re:
 Jun 13 2006, 12:13:04 AM
The Heidi Chronicles... anyone see the off-off-(off?)-broadway production a few weeks back? starring my best friend from growing up (aw)
re:
 Jun 13 2006, 12:09:27 AM
The Heidi Chronicles
re:
 Jun 13 2006, 12:10:09 AM
The Heidi Chronicles...
re: Deciphering the next musical
 May 29 2006, 10:23:40 PM
Well with clues 3 + 4 I think you can narrow it down to Ain't Misbehavin', Anything Goes, High Society, and Hello Dolly --- can anyone fit "one" or "2 in one" into any of these?

re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
 May 29 2006, 02:58:20 PM
The audio wasn't bad on the other performances but several of the presenters/winners couldn't work with the mics at the podium. The audio went in and out a lot of times when the audience was clapping.

1. What was with the three crowd shots they had? One was of Kathleen Marshall, another of Meghan Lawrence, and one of Jim Dale and some Ellen Degeneres look-a-like behind him. They couldn't have stationed other cameras by Sutton? Patti? Or shown the nominees when their names were called?

re: Honest Question...........................REALLY!!!!
 May 28 2006, 11:22:25 PM
get Nathan Lane & Matthew Broderick to star? (odd couple) casting "stars" is the way to go.

Bombay Dreams got some mediocre reviews, no? but managed to stay open a bit longer by getting Tamyra from American Idol to sign on. Entertaining Mr. Sloane got some bad reviews but they pushed Alec Baldwin hard.

re: Male Musical Numbers equivelant to...
 May 28 2006, 11:15:10 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't been posted already...

'the impossible dream' -- especially if Brian is singing it!

re: Caroline, or Change
 May 15 2006, 11:33:02 PM
starts previews at the Studio Theatre in D.C. this Wednesday-
re: How to get tony tickets??
 May 14 2006, 02:56:20 PM
cost?
re: Any chance of an upcoming Shakespeare Revival?
 Apr 9 2006, 02:08:10 PM
I'd love to see Kevin Spacey bring Richard II to Broadway - I saw it at the Old Vic in London and Kevin was on fire, not to mention Trevor Nunn's directing was perfect. (and i'm not generally a Shakespeare fan). I loved the way Nunn incorporated television screens into the story (and not, from what I've heard, in the Suzanne "blonde in a thunderbird" way) - it was a innovative theatre experience. Spacey hasn't been on Broadway in a while... think he would be up for it? Better yet, I wish they'd
re: USA Today Article on Dreamgirls
 Mar 1 2006, 01:11:15 AM
Another story on the press preview. Glad that Anika is finally getting some press!
re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
 Feb 28 2006, 01:47:25 AM
Ally McBeal episode: "The Musical, Almost." LOVE IT.
(not to mention the countless broadway songs incorporated into other random episodes)

The musical episode didn't feature original songs but included Randy Newman's "Relax enjoy yourself" and Madonna's "Hanky Panky."

Ally not being released on DVD is torture.

re: Over 175 Stars and Industry Pros Picked Their Favorite Love Songs – Wha
 Feb 10 2006, 12:45:44 AM
Fun article! Though Star Jones's answer made me a little bit sick.

My fave: I'll Cover You
with If Ever I Would Leave you right behind it.

re: Broadway Celebrity Sightings
 Feb 8 2006, 09:24:15 PM
I've seen Greg Jbara walking toward the DRS theatre four times now.

I ran into Mary Bond Davis on the street and had just seen Hairspray the week before. I actually stopped her and she was so excited to be recognized.

While at Hairspray stage door Lucy Liu came out & was followed by Steven Spielberg.

Frances Sternhagen, Judith Light, & Jonathan Jackson at Dedication or the stuff of dreams.
Edie Falco & Lorraine Bracco at People are Living There.
Anthony Rapp

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You