pixeltracker

Help! I've fallen from so much rehearsal and I can't get up!

Help! I've fallen from so much rehearsal and I can't get up!

dollwithamission Profile Photo
dollwithamission
#48re: Help! I've fallen from so much rehearsal and I can't get up!
Posted: 2/28/07 at 12:21am

I don't know if my school is the only one crazy enough to do this...our music department and theatre department have traditionally worked around each other's rehearsals, but apparently this year is an exception. I'm in jazz choir, our Contest Play, and our musical, "DISNEY'S High School Musical" which opens April 12th, a week and a half after most of the cast takes a week-long chorus trip to NYC. So what do the brilliant music and theatre directors do? Jazz Choir rehearsals nearlly always conflict with dance and blocking rehearsals for the musical. Then, Contest Play rehearsals conflict with music rehearsals for the musical. Our director is trying to direct a musical, a contest play, and a group interp at the same time, so our contest play only has 7 rehearsals left, and we still have to block the most intense scenes! Time is difficult to manage when you're either missing important rehearsals while attending others or staying at school until 9 without a break and it isn't even tech week! Not to mention the joys of Physics, Pre-Calc, AP Lit, Spanish 3, and AP US History waiting for me at home. I type this at 11:16 pm. I most certainly have 1.5 hours of hw left, and then I have to wake up at 5:50 for my 7:00 mandatory P.E. class. And this happens every day. Sorry...I'm complaining again darn it. I took a personality test yesterday which said that I complain when I'm overly stressed, fatigued, or ill, and I'm pretty much all 3 every day of the school year. Ahhh!!!

Videos