pixeltracker

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread- Page 51

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#1250I don't care
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:43am

Except freedom of speech doesn't protect creepy, stalkerish comments.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1251Bring 20 of your co-workers to see JB in SF!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:54am

Register at www.koit.com and sign-up for the contests. The link from the JB Blog doesnt work...so you have to go to the koit website directly and log-in first.

This is what the Koit website states:

Win A Party for Your Office to See "Jersey Boys"!

Take your office on a field trip to Jersey! Well actually, win tickets for you and your co-workers to see Jersey Boys now playing at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco. Jersey Boys, The Tony Award-winning Best Musical takes you up the charts, across the country and behind the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.

Experience electrifying performances of the hits that took these guys all the way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," "My Eyes Adored You," and more. For more info on Jersey Boys visit shnsf.com.

Enter to win 20 tickets for you and your co-workers to see Jersey Boys at the Curran Theatre on Tuesday July 24th at 8pm, followed by a meet and greet with select cast members from the show! Plus, you and your co-workers will have dinner together before the show, hosted by KOIT’s Larry Ickes.

Click on the icon to the left to enter by Sunday, July 15, 2007.

Updated On: 7/14/07 at 02:54 AM

shesamarshmallow
#1252Bring 20 of your co-workers to see JB in SF!
Posted: 7/14/07 at 9:42am

SF guys, are you excited for the return of Michael Ingersoll?
I know I am!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1253INGERSOLL
Posted: 7/14/07 at 11:45am

I'm so excited, it's keeping me from being mean to other people in this thread!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

shesamarshmallow
#1254INGERSOLL
Posted: 7/14/07 at 11:47am

I'm so excited, it's keeping me from being mean to other people in this thread!

Wow. That's a level of excitement I never expected... :)

mll85
#1255INGERSOLL
Posted: 7/14/07 at 12:05pm

all I request is you mind your own ****ing business.
You want people to not mind your business, then stop posting the stuff online for everyone to see. It’s that easy.

Moving on, I can't wait to see Michael back at the Curran. I will miss Steve's Nick though. From the last few times I’ve seen him, I think he's finally come to a point where he was comfortable portraying Nick so that it comes off real. In the beginning of the SF run, I thought his Nick was good but just not completely believable.
Updated On: 7/14/07 at 12:05 PM

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1256Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 3:38pm

You can go **** yourself!!!

shesamarshmallow
#1257Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 5:22pm

God, he's like Isaiah Washington! Learn when to step back quietly, man. We'd lay off eventually.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1258Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:11pm

Same goes to you. Miss thong thrower!
Updated On: 7/14/07 at 08:11 PM

shesamarshmallow
#1259Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:23pm

...who do you think I am? Though I don't deny association with and participation in the incident, I was sitting in the balcony and threw no thongs. Thanks.

I hope to god this thread doesn't get deleted because of all this. It's too long and filled with great information to be destroyed by all this pettiness.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1260Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:29pm

Don't deny it now little miss pervert! That's so sick you have developed a fetish of throwing thongs at the cast members of Jersey Boys! It must give you so much ecstasy.

shesamarshmallow
#1261Yes you should
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:45pm

Ok. Bye.

Altarboy08
#1262On a different news....
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:48pm

(I am new here and can't help myself but share a new topic)

That Douglas Crawford will be on as Nick Massi at the Ahmanson on Tuesday and Bob will be played by Erik Gutman while Fankie will be played by Rick.

mll85
#1263On a different news....
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:53pm

Yes, according to Eric's blog, he will be on as Bob this coming Tuesday because Erich is doing a benefit in NY the night before. And Doug will be on as Nick since after this weekend, the Nick Massi switch is happening. Steve Gouveia I think starts performing on the 18th. And if the scheduled didn't change from SF, then Rick should be going on this tuesday also. Man I wish i was in LA to see the show that day.

Edit to add: LA will not be dissapointed with Steve's protrayal of Nick Massi. I thought today was one of the best performances he's given out of the one's I've seen. The first time I saw him, I couldn't believe him as Nick but today he became Nick Massi. Although it will be great to get Michael back, it's sad to see Steve go. Updated On: 7/14/07 at 08:53 PM

shesamarshmallow
#1264On a different news....
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:55pm

Wow... that would be an amazing show to catch for we understudyholics!

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#1265On a different news....
Posted: 7/14/07 at 10:38pm

Welcome to the tread Altarboy08!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

mll85
#1266On a different news....
Posted: 7/14/07 at 11:39pm

Take some fans for instance at SF Bay Area public appearances. They brag about watching JB over 25 times, talking to the JB's on the telephone every day or talking about knowing the star's personal lives, but when they get to the table, they give the JB's blank stares without any greeting and then revert to being "normal" after walking away with their autographs. These (two mid-older aged Asian women) same fans display the same personality at the Curran Stage Door too.

I'm bringing this up because I think one of those women was in the rush line today. She had seen the show 43 times. Actually there was another interesting character in line too. An elderly man in his late 60s who would not stop talking. Evidently he was manic and had been up for 3 days. I only know this because he told this to everyone near him. They were interesting at the stagedoor, but triggered some of my pet peeves.

Updated On: 7/14/07 at 11:39 PM

LizzieCurry
#1267On a different news....
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:19am

On a different news....

The lady you were in rush line with (I know her daughter, who is completely sane) has only seen the show twice and not since the new cast came in -- FWIW.

I'm also posting to show a preview of a production photo of the Sherry cast. On a different news.... This one's in Sacramento's Broadway season pamphlet.

I don't have a functional scanner, but can do it Monday...

mll85
#1268On a different news....
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:23am

Oh no this wasn't the picture lady, I remember her. Stood by her in line as she chatted my ears off. This was someone else, she was short and stalkly. And Steve recognized her from before. But this lady cannot sense light sarcasm and gave off the vibe that she was entitled to autographs from the cast from what I heard her say at the stage door in reference to some cast members. One of my pet peeves regarding people at the stagedoor. They're paid to perform, not sign your playbills. Updated On: 7/15/07 at 02:23 AM

mpw607
#1269Jersey Boys London
Posted: 7/15/07 at 4:30pm

Further to my post a few days ago, the news from the UK is that the re-edit of Beggin' has re-entered the UK Top 40 singles chart, 40 years after the original recording!

This must be good publicity for the show, as it will raise awareness in the UK about the 4 Seasons from a pretty low level.

In addition there are lots of colour ads for the show in the London newspapers, seven months before opening.

Altarboy08
#1270Jersey Boys London/AIDS Walk
Posted: 7/15/07 at 5:22pm

Thanks for the welcome! It's good that the London JB are getting a boost in advertisement...maybe you can show us a scan :P

Anybody have an update about the AIDS Walk?

mll85
#1271Erich Bergen on the radio tonght.
Posted: 7/15/07 at 10:49pm

I know 8pm west coast time is in a few minutes but Erich wants you people to listen. Follow the link on his blog.

Edit to add: Just finished listening. Erich was great tonight. He really has a voice for radio, and it fit well with the style of music the station plays. Great song selection and very knowledgable about his playlist with the little tidbits about some of them he gave between song breaks. But I have to say this. Erich if you happen to read this, when can we expect another episode of Green Room Radio.
Listen tonight… Updated On: 7/16/07 at 10:49 PM

LizzieCurry
#1272Steve Gouveia's last perf in SF
Posted: 7/16/07 at 3:59am

Was there last night and it was A LOT of fun -- audience energy was wild and Jarrod did a cute mini speech for Steve at the end. Some of the audience members gasped or said "awww" when Jarrod announced it was Steve's last show with this cast. :) They said some other stuff to each other, but there was so much applause i couldn't make out most of it (Steve said something like, "How's that for punishment?" when someone said, "He's going to...") :)

Updated On: 7/16/07 at 03:59 AM

mll85
#1273AIDS Walk Update
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:03am

AIDS Walk SF raised a grand total of $4,503,716 which will go to many Bay Area organizations that help those with the disease. The Jersey Boys team raised a total of $28,186 (and you can still make donations) next time you see the show, congratulate and thank them for their effort. If anyone was there, tell us how it went and post your pictures. But here are some links to pics and videos (the clips are small in size) from the official AIDS Walk SF site. I’m sure more things will be posted in the next few days, I’ll add the links to them when they are.

The boys with the other celebs, Mayor Newsom, and Assemblyman Mark Leno: http://tinyurl.com/yshnto

A clip of the boys, well mainly Jeremy, introducing Jenifer Lewis who sang “I Know Where I’ve Been”
http://tinyurl.com/2cpnyr

A shot of the whole cast at AIDS Walk. The picture of them is at the end of the clip.
http://tinyurl.com/ypejr4

Updated On: 7/16/07 at 04:03 AM

LizzieCurry
#1274AIDS Walk Update
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:05am

Thanks for those! I didn't get to talk to anybody about the AIDS Walk, but let's just say I noticed some members of the cast were a little more sun-kissed than I remember. AIDS Walk Update