In The Heights Recording

jczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
#1In The Heights Recording
Posted: 4/18/07 at 12:08pm

I'm SO bored right now, studying for an exam, and I need distracting with some good news. Does anyone know when the In The Heights CD is to be released/recorded. I faithfully pre-ordered it, but I'm so impatient. I am getting annoyed with having to listen to the two songs on Myspace.

Does anyone have any news or recordings? Also, does anyone know how to download from the streaming audio on myspace pages? The download link isn't active on the Heights page, which is upsetting me.

Peace!

"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#2re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 4/18/07 at 12:20pm

As others have stated, it hasn't been recorded yet.. but hopefully soon! :)

jczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
#2re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 5/8/07 at 3:03am

Bumpity bump bump

"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."

meggsison
#3re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:32pm

Ahh I want to know as well! I saw it last night, and I loved it!

The course of true love never did run smooth.

DevDev
#4re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:37pm

I talked to one of the actors after the show yesterday and asked him about a recording. He told me that since they're changing some things up (new songs and such) for Broadway, that it'll be a little time before they actually record it. I'd rather wait for the re-writes personally.

TapTapTapioca
#5re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:39pm

I would rather have them record it when the get to Broadway with the Broadway cast than the Off-Broadway cast. Or they maybe will give us two CD's like Grey Gardens did.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#6re: In The Heights Recording
Posted: 5/27/07 at 9:08pm

They are waiting until the show moves to make a recording. However, there is a demo CD out that the most notable tracks from the show. I think there are nine songs. I have it, but it might be posted somewhere...google?

and if you are craving more in the heights, check out Lin Manuel's page on the site that cannot be named. I think his username is Usnavi and his stuff is HILARIOUS.

Videos