News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jczelyph

jczelyph Profile Photo
Member Name: jczelyph
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Boys - Hark!  Oct 14 2011, 02:25:08 AM
bump
Broadway Boys - Hark!  Oct 13 2011, 07:39:38 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone know when The Broadway Boys are releasing their Hark! album. It was delayed from Christmas 2010 to this year, and now it's vanished from Amazon.com. I'm sad!

Can anyone help? Thanks!

John

Joe's Pub/Birdland/Broadway Chatterbox-style events in London  Jul 11 2010, 01:11:48 PM
Hello all!

I'm moving to London in 3 weeks. Bloody excited!

Anyway, one of my fave things about New York and Broadway, aside from the actual productions, is the huge assortment of other performance venues that the public can see actors performing. I have spent many an hour watching performances at Joe's Pub, Birdland/Cast Party, Seth's Broadway Chatterbox, MT Mondays @ Splash on the old Youtube and on my hols in NYC.

Now, I'm moving to Europe's MT capital, and was wond

Legally Blonde Audition Suggestions  Jun 4 2010, 09:12:53 PM
I have an audition for legally blonde on Thursday. Hell! I need an

Uptempo
Funny
Musical theatre song
That I can do in an American accent
And preferably sounds L-blondeish.

Help!

I think everyone will do wedding singer so don't want to do anything like that.
Is there any stuff from the States recently that I could use?

Could be a cabaret song for a girl, as long as it's not 'girly' cos if it's obscure they wouldn't know who it's meant for.

Special Events? Off-Bway? Piano Bars?  May 29 2009, 05:27:26 AM
Hello Broadway Gang!

Some friends and I arrive in NYC tomorrow for a very theatre-based holiday. Obv, we have a tonne of shows lined up to see, but I would super-appreciate your help on a slightly different topic.

Do you guys know of any concert happenings, or charity performances, or one-off special events or anything?

I cannot die without seeing the Broadway Boys perform, so does anyone know if they're doing anything in NYC this week or next? Same for Shoshana Bean,

Anything Goes - Chinese Characters  Nov 24 2007, 05:21:35 AM
Just been cast as 'Second Chinese' in Anythng Goes. Not sure which version of the show we're using. I'm very disappointed because I'm not used to having small parts and I don't feel the other casting decisions are appropriate. Anyway, whatevs, gotta just get on with it.

Does anyone know what this part involves? Will I sing or have any lines (or dance)? Is it particularly funny or memorable? Do I have to play some terrible racial stereotype and do a 'funny voice' 'cos I'm really not cool

re: IN THE HEIGHTS cast recording  May 20 2007, 05:35:06 PM
bump

Any update on when the recording will be out?

re: In The Heights Recording  May 8 2007, 03:03:32 AM
Bumpity bump bump
In The Heights Recording  Apr 18 2007, 12:08:29 PM
I'm SO bored right now, studying for an exam, and I need distracting with some good news. Does anyone know when the In The Heights CD is to be released/recorded. I faithfully pre-ordered it, but I'm so impatient. I am getting annoyed with having to listen to the two songs on Myspace.

Does anyone have any news or recordings? Also, does anyone know how to download from the streaming audio on myspace pages? The download link isn't active on the Heights page, which is upsetting me.

re: Legally Blonde  Apr 17 2007, 06:56:47 AM
Craww, that is the most entertaining thing I've read on this board today. Hahahaha.
re: Billy Porter's 'Beauty School Dropout'  Apr 12 2007, 09:19:38 PM
That "Wings of Angels" song is called 'Love Is On the Way' and can be found on Billy's 'Untitled' album, and on Celine's 'Let's Talk About Love' album.

I am a massive fan of Celine and Billy and couldn't possibly choose a favourite. As for Beauty School Dropout, it is definitely in my Top 5 songs of all time. I played Teen Angel in a university production and the MD was kind enough to let me adapt the orchestration (with some well-timed pauses etc) to riff it up, Billy-style. Obviously

Worst/Corniest/Cheesiest Line in a Show  Mar 20 2007, 03:51:45 PM
See my signature, from good old Jane Eyre
The Sound of Music- London Palladuium Cast Album 2006  Mar 15 2007, 07:19:23 PM
I'm glad that you found an opportunity to disparage ALW.
The Sound of Music- London Palladuium Cast Album 2006  Mar 15 2007, 06:36:04 PM
I haven't heard the other recordings so really can't comment on how the London production compares to others. It's very different to the movie, and obviously Julie Andrews is in a league of her own in the movie recording.

I didn't know the movie's songs had been used before. The intro ALW writes in the programme gives the impression they're new to the stage. Whatevs, I like the new cast.

The Sound of Music- London Palladuium Cast Album 2006  Mar 15 2007, 11:28:16 AM
I saw the show last weekend, and I REALLY enjoyed it, so the cast recording brings back joyous memories for me (although I saw Margaret Preece as the Mother Abbess, and listening to Lesley Garrett on the CD, I am very glad to have seen Ms Preece - her voice is the first operatic/soprano type ever to have made me cry).

I might be wrong, but this recording might be the first one to have recorded a stage version of some of the songs from the film, because I read that ALW incorporated some

re: Broadway Special Events  Mar 9 2007, 06:39:06 AM
OOH! Lauren Kennedy! I'm flying in on that day and would LOVE to see that show. What time does Chatterbox end typically because I am hoping to catch some theatre that evening too.

Will Blonde be open/previewing by then?
And I am trying to drum up enthusiasm in myself for Grey Gardens but listening to the CD hasn't convinced me yet... I'm a terrible person, I know. Any specific songs I should pay close attention to, and how different tis the B'way version compared to the recorded ver

re: Broadway Special Events  Mar 8 2007, 06:20:40 PM
What a fun and exclusive club that would be! I am just about to change my picture though, so I would have to leave the club as soon as I established it.

I am missing the Ben Folds concert too, and am very sad about it.

Broadway Special Events  Mar 8 2007, 06:10:41 PM
Hey all.

I was wondering, are there any Broadway-related special events, solo concerts or cabarets happening around NYC from the 30th March - 8th April?

I'm in town and would love to catch something out of the ordinary (eg the Ben Folds concert later this month).

I'm also hoping to see Spring Awakening, A Chorus Line, Tarzan, The Pirate Queen, In The Heights and The Drowsy Chaperone while I'm there. I'd go for Company but I just finished a production of that here in O

Spring Awakening Synopsis  Dec 15 2006, 10:28:34 AM
Hello gang,

I bought my Spring Awakening album on iTunes because I couldn't wait for the CD to get here. Rubbishly, it didn't come with a digital booklet.

Can someone tell me the story of the musical, and where the songs fit in (like the synopses they usually have in CDs).

Some of the songs have intrigued me and I need to know more. Who's the guy with the high-pitched voice and what's his story?

Peter in Company - good role?  Nov 30 2006, 09:34:31 AM
Hello again, sorry for a similar message.

I'm totally not familiar with Company and am curious as to what the role of Peter is like. Does he sing at all? Comedy? How does it compare to Biggley in H2$?

Haha, thanks gang!
x

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You