pixeltracker

"Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" - is it in the film???- Page 3

"Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" - is it in the film???

Night707 Profile Photo
Night707
#50re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 5:49pm

I was disgusted when they casted Zac Efron as Link (No one is better than Matt Morrison at that role). Now, they're taking out a great song. It just keeps getting better and better

:D

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#51re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 6:57pm

The critics would have torn Hairpray apart had the now 30 something 'youth' ensemble played high school students.

and Broadway has seen great Link's since Matthew. To say there is no one better is ridiculous.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#52re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 7:05pm

night707, have you seen anyone other than matt do link? b/c a lot of ppl like to say "blah blah blah" is the best in the part when they havnt seen anyone else do it, or even ever seen who they think is the best. a lot of ppl say shannon i sthe best tracy, when a lot of them havnt seen anyone else in the rolesame goes with diana degarmo, haylie duff, the list goes on and on. zac was a good choice because he is DIFFERENT than anyone who has played the role, same with john travolta. they wanted a new, fresh, original cast.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

#53re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:07am

I completely understand why they didn't cast Matt Morrison as Link, but I would be lying to say I wasn't disappointed. Of course, I may have a slight bias there :) Regardless, I trust Marc Shaiman and I know that everything will be okay. The movie looks great for both musical lovers and movie lovers alike. I am to going to give my review until I actually see the movie. I am interested to see Brittany Snow, Amanda Bynes, and James Marsden to be completely honest with you. It sucks that Mama isn't in the show, but they're right... it's just a random number that works in the show really well but probably wouldn't work in the movie At least it is incorporated some way.

Boq101
#54re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:35am

Matt would just look too old on-screen, simple as that. He looks pretty good in the role, and sings the new song extremely well. Amanda Bynes is the one tough call for me, but I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not in a position to criticize.

Actinggbugg474
#55re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:31pm

There is really no way they could cast any of the original cast in the movie and still get the "high school age" they wanted. If anything, Matt could have been Corny Collins. Can you imagine if they have cast the OBC "kids" in the movie? I don't think anyone would believe Corey Reynolds as a high school student, haha.

Updated On: 7/4/07 at 12:31 PM