Suggestions?

jman
#1Suggestions?
Posted: 6/9/07 at 1:06am

Anybody have any suggestions for a comedy along the line of "Lend Me a Tenor" or a musical revue for a community theatre to perform? I'm looking to cast around 15 or less. I've been looking, but nothing strikes me yet. Any personal thought on the show welcome too. Thanks for your help!

NathanLaneStalker
#2re: Suggestions?
Posted: 6/9/07 at 1:17am

I know nothing about Lend Me a Tenor, but Putting it Together is a great musical review. It only needs 6 people.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#2re: Suggestions?
Posted: 6/9/07 at 1:19am

Joseph Kesselring's ARSENIC AND OLD LACE?

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Martha Brewster
Teddy Brewster
The Rev. Dr. Harper
Elaine Harper
Officer Klein
Mr. Gibbs
Abby Brewster
Mortimer Brewster
Jonathan Brewster
Mr./Ms. Witherspoon
Officer Brophy
Officer O'Hara
Dr. Einstein
Lieutenant Rooney

The play is a farcical black comedy revolving around Mortimer Brewster, a theatre-hating drama critic who must deal with his crazy, homicidal family and local police in Brooklyn, New York, as he debates whether to go through with a honeymoon with the woman he loves and has recently agreed to marry. His family includes two spinster aunts who have taken to murdering lonely old men by poisoning them with a glass of home-made elderberry wine laced with arsenic, strychnine and "just a pinch" of cyanide; a brother who believes he is Teddy Roosevelt and digs locks for the Panama Canal in the cellar of the Brewster home (which then serve as graves for the aunts' victims); and a murderous brother who has received plastic surgery performed by an alcoholic accomplice, Dr. Einstein (a character based on real-life gangland surgeon Joseph Moran) to conceal his identity and now looks like horror-film actor Boris Karloff (a self-referential joke, as the part was originally played by Karloff). The film adaptation follows the same basic plot, with a few minor changes. It is customary, after the cast takes several curtain calls, for the final one to finish with the "murder victims" (often well-known local personalities) entering from the basement and joining the cast for the final bow.

Videos