News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jman

jman Profile Photo
Member Name: jman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Which was the first Broadway show you saw?  Jun 22 2008, 04:35:57 PM
The first show I saw on Broadway was some splashy revue with Sandy Duncan in it at Radio City (wish I could remember the name of it). The first actual musical/play was "My One and Only" with Tommy Tune and Twiggy. I did get to see "Evita," "Agnes of God," and "The Fantasticks" during that stay as well. It was my first trip to NYC. :)
Starlight Express  Feb 12 2008, 11:04:24 PM
Does anyone know if licensing is available for amateur productions of "Starlight Express?" If so, who owns the rights? Thanks for your help!
Suggestions?  Jun 9 2007, 01:06:24 AM
Anybody have any suggestions for a comedy along the line of "Lend Me a Tenor" or a musical revue for a community theatre to perform? I'm looking to cast around 15 or less. I've been looking, but nothing strikes me yet. Any personal thought on the show welcome too. Thanks for your help!
re: SNL with Jennifer Holliday repeats this weekend!  Sep 3 2006, 01:32:34 AM
I just saw it! As many times as I have heard her sing that song, I still always get a little choked up. I wish I could have seen her in "Dreamgirls" back then.

re: First Professional Theatre experience  Jul 24 2006, 12:59:11 AM
My limited "professional" experience was doing shows at the Barn Theatre in Augusta, Michigan. Never made it on stage, I was a techie. I ran lights for several shows and was ASM. As a typical apprentice I also worked box office, costumes and played for the bar show. It was one of the best summers of my life. I loved it and learned so much!
re: Children of Eden London Recording  Jun 25 2006, 02:18:40 AM
I've been trying to get a copy! I love the music and would love to hear this recording to compare. Where did you find it?
re: Need 2 smallish musicals for season next year...  Jun 19 2006, 11:31:41 PM
"Is There Life After High School?"
"Smokey Joe's Cafe"
"Nunsense"
"Songs for a New World"
"John and Jen" (although I don't know that show really)

re: Fun Broadway Game---How far can you go?  Jun 19 2006, 11:15:02 PM
delete
re: PIAZZA broadcast -- repeated?  Jun 14 2006, 11:37:14 PM
I am curious. If the show is "Live" from Lincoln Center, I wonder why it is showing in Cincinnati at 9 pm? I am afraid that it will come on at 8 instead, so I will be looking to make sure. I definitely don't want to miss it!
re: Matthew Morrison on Law & Order:CI right now  Jun 5 2006, 11:40:00 PM
He was just on the one episode and played a drug dealer. I thought he did a nice job, he only got about 5 minutes air time, if that. But I still enjoyed seeing him :)
re: Matthew Morrison on Law & Order:CI right now  Jun 4 2006, 09:26:47 PM
I loved seeing Matt on "Guiding Light" this past Friday too!
re: Last 10 Shows You've Seen  May 5 2006, 03:49:38 PM
This is what I can remember:
1. Our Town (high school)
2. Peter Pan (national tour)
3. Wicked (national tour)
4. Once Upon a Mattress (high school)
5. You Can't Take It With You (community theatre)
6. Footloose (community youth theatre)
7. CATS (regional dinner theatre)
8. Last 5 Years (Cincinnati Playhouse)
9. The Wiz (high school)
10. The Graduate(national tour)

re: The Barn Theatre in Augusta, Michigan  Mar 17 2006, 06:54:54 PM
I'm a Barnie from a long time ago too. I only got to work there one summer but it remains one of the best memories of my lifetime. I had a really good time and learned so much. It was the kick off to my career as a high school drama director. It was some hard work, but I really enjoyed myself. The Ragotzy's are good people. I'm anxious to see what shows they are doing this summer.

Congratulations and best of luck to you!

re: Julia Murney as Elphaba  Mar 9 2006, 01:29:50 AM
I just got home from the show in Cincinnati and am too tired to post a detailed review, I will try to do that soon. The show was FANTASTIC!!! Although I know the music well, it was my first time to see the show and I absolutely loved it. Julia Murney was phenomenal, her voice perfectly suits the role of Elphaba. I was brought to tears during "Defying Gravity" and "For Good" (well just to name a few times) OMG I am still so overwhelmed I think I could cry again.
Diamonds  Mar 2 2006, 08:31:53 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about this show? I've heard the name several times recently and know nothing about it. Thanks for any information!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You