Georgia Engel and "Wicked"

jimnysf
#1Georgia Engel and "Wicked"
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:08pm

"Wicked"--"Passions" Style--Georgia Engel

Coming off of an Emmy win for Best Original Song, this seems like an appropriate time for Passions to return to playing on its musical side. In upcoming weeks, the show promises do to hit Broadway musical Wicked what it once did to Chicago. Sitcom veteran Georgia Engel, best known for roles on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Everybody Loves Raymond, will be arriving on the set to play Esmeralda, Tabitha's old schoolmate and one time rival in wickedness. Now Esmeralda has gone over to the good side and become the most powerful good witch in the world. How will little Endora feel when she is confronted with this new role model after Tabitha takes her on a trip to the good witch school? ...

In other casting news, another former sitcom star will be turning up in Harmony in the coming week. Danny Woodburn, who famously played Kramer's little person acting buddy and soap opera stand-in, Mickey Abbott, on Seinfeld will take on the role of the Demon Elf after Kay unleashes him on the town to cause havoc. Demon possessions everywhere and enough mischief to scare Tabitha away. It's oddly appropriate. I've always thought of Passions as the soap version of Seinfeld. The plots are outlandish and yet nothing really happens but a stream of pop culture references. Combined with continual parody, a sardonic, sometimes downright mean, sense of humor and a delight in subverting all of the assumptions of their genre as a strange group of people manage to learn absolutely nothing from their actions.

And finally, what everyone has been waiting for: Pretty Crane will show up in Harmony at the end of July. The mysterious, possibly disfigured, possibly emotionally tortured, possibly mentally ill, possibly who-knows-what-else heiress will arrive just in time to either save or ruin Fancy's sashay down death row to marry Luis. Whoever has brought her back (Ivy? Alistair? Sheridan? or none of them) she is sure to cause trouble. The part will be played by Melinda Sward, who previously appeared on B&B and JAG

Wicked---Passions Style

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

jimnysf
#2re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/18/07 at 9:08pm

She starts at the end of June for 8 days so the "Wicked" musical number should be on during that time period.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

thevolleyballer
#2re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/18/07 at 10:51pm

Georgia Engel's voice is like rancid butter, methinks.
Updated On: 6/18/07 at 10:51 PM

cruel2bekind Profile Photo
cruel2bekind
#3re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:31pm

Do you work for Passions?

jimnysf
#4re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/19/07 at 9:43am

Nope. But I love "Passions"!

#5re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/19/07 at 10:10am

omg this sounds brilliant!!!!

jimnysf
#6re: Georgia Engel and 'Wicked'
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:25am

I agree! It should be brilliant. They did a wonderful job with their version of "Cell Block Tango" and then last year's Bollywood segment.

Videos