pixeltracker

How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?

How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#1How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:20am

Telecharge is only offering mezz seats on a day I am thinking of going to see Grey Gardens for a second time? How's the view or should I spring for premium seats?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:22am

I've never sat up there, but it's not a big theatre so I think you'd be fine.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#2re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:23am

It's fine.

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#3re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:24am

i think the view is pretty good, i sat in the second row of the mezzanine the second time i saw the show and could see fine. i had a perfect view of the entire stage, but at times felt a little bit far from the performers, if you get my drift. then again, that was the first time ive sat in a mezzanine at a broadway show :P
id go with the mezzanine- its pretty steep, so its hard to get a bad view.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#4re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:36am

I sat in the third row mezzanine and could see everything perfectly. Go and buy the tickets.

Kringas
#5re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:38am

It's steep, but you should be able to see everything just fine.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#6re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:42am

Ok, new question? Row P Orch Left Aisle Seat or Row B Mezz Left? Sorry I'm obsessing, I just want opinions.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#7re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:44am

Row B Mezz, but I'm biased, I hate being under the overhand at the Kerr.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:46am

The mezz in the Kerr is great, and really not that steep. It's the balcony that's steep. Sit in row B mezz, GREAT SEATS!!!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:48am

Thanks everyone-you're the best! XO

unckristen Profile Photo
unckristen
#10re: How's the mezzanine in the Walter Kerr?
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:21pm

I sat row b mezz there and it was fine. No problems at all. Just like everyone said though, it is steep getting to and from your seat.

"She sang each word, the angels heard ... They closed her mouth and shipped her south. The woman's done."

Videos