pixeltracker

Spring Awakening- really all that racy?

Spring Awakening- really all that racy?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#1Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 2:03am

Okay, on a scale of one to ten, exactly how racy is Spring Awakening? I REALLY wanna see it, and my parents would probably let me go if I asked, but I don't know how to tell them I'd rather they didn't come. I think I'm like gonna die if I don't see it, but is it worth winging it and sitting through the explicit scenes with them on both sides of me?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#2re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 2:25am

There is partial nudity and "metaphoric" masturbation.

You see Groff's ass and Michelle's "side-boob". Really not that bad.

The masturbation is basically the whole cast walking around in a circle rubbing their bodies in a slightly sexual way (Yes, that's what won them the choreography tony!).

Not very Racy at all. Your parents will probably like it too!

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#2re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 4:46am

Actually, there's a MUCH more graphic masturbation scene with Jonathan B. Wright. There's no subtly with that scene.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#3re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 5:26am

You don't see much though. You just get the impression that he's...

It's a great show none the less. Your parents will enjoy it as much as you will!

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 7:07am

I'd say it really depends on your parents and your relationship with them. My parents totally would not like the show, and even if I wanted to see it again, I would NEVER go with them, even at my age and even though we have a great relationship. It would just be too awkward and uncomfortable.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 7/21/07 at 07:07 AM

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#5re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 7:30am

It's the teen version of a lap dance. Guage accordingly.

http://docandraider.com

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#6re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/21/07 at 11:20pm

I agree with jordangirl. Yes! It actually is all that racy.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#7re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 1:50am

Side-boob? Not from the boxes.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#8re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 2:58am

Well, if you're looking towards the front of the stage.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#9re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 5:19pm

Okay, well I already knew about all that. I'm getting the book in a few days and I've already decided that no matter what happens I will get to Spring Awakening someday. So if you're out there, Jonathan Groff, wait for me, cause eventually I'll be there.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#10re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 7:05pm

Without trying to sound like Bill Clinton it really depends on what your definition of racy is. There is brief partial nudity and simulated masterbation, but I wouldn't call it racy because it's not being done for mere titilation. It's a musical about puberty and I believe the natural curiosity about one's body and of physical relationships with others is handled in a way that emphasizes innocent exploration.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#11re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 7:08pm

Side-boob? Not from the boxes.

Plus a little below-the-belt surprise for those in the box on house right.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#12re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 7:25pm

^ I always wondered. . . is Groff wearing something else down there?

jg4892
#13re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 8:45pm

Nope, but most people never really see anything else.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#14re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 8:54pm

Oh, I wasn't even talking about that below-the-belt surprise. From the right box I totally missed that. Think more about where his left hand finds itself...I guess the question I would ask is, is Lea wearing something else down there?

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

jg4892
#15re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/22/07 at 8:58pm

She's wearing underwear but that's it, I think.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#16re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:05am

She's wearing underwear but that's it, I think.

And no, uh, second layer?

starvingartist. Profile Photo
starvingartist.
#17re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:27pm

I saw it at the Atlantic about 10 feet away from Jonathan Groff's ass, with my mom and dad and didn't feel awkward. The show is just too good to be ruined by slight nudity.

jg4892
#18re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 1:07pm

They're actors and best friends, I don't think they really care that much.

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#19re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:21pm

When I saw the show in the Winter, there was a 20-something woman sitting next to me with her parents. She told me at the intermission that she was VERY uncomfortable watching the show with her parents there. So it truly depends on your relationship with your parents even if you are a bit older.

*kat*
#20re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 1:47am

Just saw the show and loved it. I don't think my parents would love it. I brought my younger eighteen-year old brother with me and he said he felt uncomfortable. I guess it just depends how you think your parents will react.

I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't want to be sitting next to my dad watching the boobs/butt scene.

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#21re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:45am

Is it true that someone was arrested for....um....pleasing themselves during the show?

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

gymdudeva
#22re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:27am

Lm4dham052: The rumor is that they were asked to leave by an usher / house manager. I asked a friend who is in the ensemble of the show about it, and even he didn't know...he said the cast talked about it but he didn't know. He said one story is that the guy was fiddling around with his cell phone or camera or soemthing and it just LOOKED like that.

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#23re: Spring Awakening- really all that racy?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:59am

oh....thanks

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

Videos