pixeltracker

XanadU on-stage seating question.- Page 2

XanadU on-stage seating question.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#25re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 4:37pm

Can you take a Fung Wah (it might be pretty sketchy at night, be careful...if you know someone who could walk you down...) or the Greyhound? Usually you can get off at South Station. You can wait in South Station for the schedules to be posted. I don't know when their first trains/buses run. The Boston T (subway) starts running about 5 am if you want to go out and grab breakfast and stuff.

As a last resort, try your hardest to sell the ticket if you can't make it, and plan things out, and buy another ticket for a later date.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#26re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 4:56pm

Millie- I dont know if I would recommend the Fung Wah at night.
His best bet is Peter Pan- I e-mailed him how to get a $15.00 ticket one way..
if he leaves at 10 pm- he'll be in Boston at 2 AM- the night trip is very fast since not much traffic. I have done it several times...

I told him that there is a Greyhound express at 10:30 (1-800-343-9999) that leaves at Port Authority- that's like a 10-15 minutes walk from helen hayes... if he takes this ..
he can still stage door... he will be in Boston at 230 am (that's express)

The greyhound & peterpan leaves at Port Authority- that's near the Nederlander Theater and arrive in Boston at South Station- he knows that- I already e-mailed it to him...

I dont know about New Hamsphire- He may just ended up sleeping at South Station- which I think is SAFE and wait for the next bus to NH the next day

J*

Updated On: 8/13/07 at 04:56 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#27re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:00pm

SLEEP at South Station? How?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#28re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:01pm

The Fung Wah bus & Lucky Star is on Chrystie Street in Chinatown ( Grand Street Stop
B or D train ) and he has to walk to Bryant Park Station to take the B or D train - the subway ride is about 15 mins..... He may not make it.. the buses leave at 10 pm - it depends if they filled it up.... He may get stranded in Chinatown ....and he'll have to go back to Times Square- that's not gonna be a good scenario for him. he will miss all the bus..

J*

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#29re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:04pm

SLEEP at South Station? How?

I dont know? iInever done it before bec. I live in Boston... but I have seen college kids sleeping in those waiting chair when I arrived from NYC bus at 2am ...when I saw Deuce...and It looks pretty safe .. i guess

J*

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#30re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:09pm

The first bus from Boston leaves at 8 AM.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#31re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:19pm

well at least you only have to wait for 6 hours...let's put it that way .. or would you rather be stuck in NYC all night long?

I think you should go with Peter Pan at 10 pm ( and do not stage door since you will be sitting onstage -youll see the cast up close ) at least you have a safety net that If you miss the 10- you can still catch the 10:30 GreyHound...just my opinion

and MAKE SURE you know where the bus terminal at port Authority (usually downstairs ) .. If you have an extra time during the day.. make a try out walk from helen hayes to the bus station... bec. you dont want to be wonderin' around at night with a million tourist blocking your way while gazing at those screens at Times Square- that would slow you down... BIG TIME while youre finding your away around. Trust me-- I have done this a million times re: XanadU on-stage seating question.

J*

Updated On: 8/13/07 at 05:19 PM

SweetQintheLights
#32re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 11/11/07 at 2:39pm

I was thinking about going on November 18th at 3:00. However, online, it says that there are no on stage seating left. Is it possible that they will become avaiable as time goes on? If I get someone to go to the box office for me, is there a chance that they may be available even if they aren't available online?

All information is appreciated.

Thanks!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#33re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 11/11/07 at 5:47pm

No SweetQintheLights... if there are no on-stage seats now for Nov. 18th then there won't be any later. Why don't you get them for the Nov. 17th evening performance (if you can go then) instead. Those will probably be gone soon too re: XanadU on-stage seating question.

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

SweetQintheLights
#34re: XanadU on-stage seating question.
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:20pm

I can't go to the evening performance. re: XanadU on-stage seating question.

I'll probably just end up going when I come home for December break.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Videos