pixeltracker

LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#1LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing
Posted: 10/13/07 at 6:12pm

It's been a while since I've posted here, so hi to those who've joined during my absence.

I wanted to let you know (especially those in the L.A. area) about LAStageScene.com, my theater review site. For anyone looking to "accentuate the positive in Los Angeles theater," please do visit the site regularly, as a new review is posted almost daily. We also list upcoming productions and have other interesting features.

LAStageScene.com has attracted a few detractors, who feel we have no business posting reviews which emphasize the positive aspects of the productions we review, and would like us to be as harsh and critical as many reviewers are. We think that there are plenty of those to go around, and that there's certainly room for one review site which looks for the good. (See our FAQ page for more about why LAStageScene reviews shows as we do.)

We've also got a myspace page, so if you're on myspace, please add us as a friend.

www.MySpace.com/LAStageScene

The L.A. theater scene is alive and vibrant, and I'm happy to spread the good news through my site!

Steven S:)

Steven Stanley
Editor
www.LAStageScene.com

www.LAStageScene.com

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing
Posted: 10/13/07 at 6:17pm

Despicable.

re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing
Posted: 10/13/07 at 11:53pm

Oh my! Look who has returned!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing
Posted: 10/14/07 at 1:09am

Looks like it was recently time to roll out a new rug.

re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing

The latest addition looks just mahvelous, doll.

*pets*

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#4re: LAStageScene.com now has 1025 myspace friends and growing
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:31am

I AM AN AVID READER OF WWW.LASTAGESCENE.COM and have found it to be INDISPENSABLE, especially since outlets such as the LA Times usually end up reviewing 99-seat plays and shows weeks into the run, and their reviewers tend to be completely off the mark (especially their latest addition, David Ng, who slams practically everything).

MY MYSPACE PAGE- please come say hello!

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"
Updated On: 10/14/07 at 04:31 AM