pixeltracker

A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members

A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#1A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members
Posted: 10/18/07 at 10:42am

I almost blew it last night. I had bought a ticket to see "The Farnsworth Invention" through TDF, and I just so happened to check my order before I left the office -- just so I could double check the theatre -- and realized, to my horror, that this was one of those rare occasions where TDF had sent the ticket through the mail instead of it being a ticket I picked up at the box office.

The only thing that saved me was that I realized it was probably among the unopened junk mail (yes, I let mail pile up sometimes; don't judge me!) at my apartment, and fortunately my roommate was home, so he dug through the mail, found the ticket and told me where my seat was located. Because I knew exactly where I was sitting, the very, very kind house manager was able to reprint my ticket and seat me. Another woman showed up while I was waiting with just the confirmation from TDF. She also hadn't realized it wasn't an e-ticket, and there was nothing they could do for her. She left without seeing the show. The house manager told me it's already happened with several people who got TDF tickets for the show. So, lessons learned:

1) Always pay attention when making a TDF order whether it's an eticket or not.
2) When you do get the ticket, it's wise to jot down your seat number somewhere separate, like in your Blackberry. Otherwise, if you lose that ticket, you're screwed. TDF doesn't keep records of where you're sitting, and the theatre won't know, either.

(now that little "the more you know" star should be flying by any second)
Updated On: 10/18/07 at 10:42 AM

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#2re: A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members
Posted: 10/18/07 at 11:46am

i actually prefer when they mail them as opposed to showing up the day of.

but how was the show? where were the TDF seats located??

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#2re: A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members
Posted: 10/18/07 at 11:57am

I enjoyed the show overall. Good performance by the leads, but it relies way too much on narration. I might post more on that later once I have time to somewhat compose my thoughts better.

I was in Row M in the center orchestra. Pretty good seats.

Videos