pixeltracker

Farnsworth Invention -BACK on TDF again - lotsa tixs

Farnsworth Invention -BACK on TDF again - lotsa tixs

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#1Farnsworth Invention -BACK on TDF again - lotsa tixs
Posted: 10/19/07 at 3:59pm

I can't believe that I already got a ticket for this show for $ 64.50 (not including fees) thru playbill discount for tomorrow ....now they ADDED more tickets on TDF for $29.00- you must be kiddin' me....They posted those DATES before and ran out of tickets- that's why I bought mine thru broadwayoffers...

Oh well ! SUPPORT THE ARTS

J Farnsworth Invention -BACK on TDF again - lotsa tixs

For those without tickets yet

Farnsworth Invention
Oct 20- Nov 3 tixs

This new Broadway play by Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men, "The West Wing") concerns the begining of television and the bitter legal battle between the young genius Philo T. Farnsworth, who invented it in 1927 when he was a high school student, and the head of the Radio Corporation of America (RCA) who, with legal and corporate force behind him, wrestles for his place in history to claim the glory instead. Hank Azaria (Spamalot) stars as the RCA magnate and Jimmi Simpson as the rightful patent owner. Des McAnuff (Jersey Boys, Big River, The Who's Tommy) directs.

Available Dates
Mondays: October 22nd 8:00PM, October 29th 8:00PM
Tuesdays: October 23rd 8:00PM, October 30th 8:00PM
Wednesdays: October 24th 2:00PM, October 24th 8:00PM, October 31st 2:00PM, October 31st 8:00PM
Thursdays: October 25th 8:00PM, November 1st 8:00PM
Fridays: October 26th 8:00PM, November 2nd 8:00PM
Saturdays: October 20th 2:00PM, October 20th 8:00PM, October 27th 2:00PM, November 3rd 2:00PM

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 03:59 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:05pm

and Cymbeline too for $ 28.00

In this new Broadway production, the cast of 26 includes Jonathan Cake (Medea), Tony Award Winner Michael Cerveris (Assassins, Sweeney Todd), Tony Award Winner John Cullum (Shenandoah, On the Twentieth Century), Tony Award nominee Martha Plimpton (Coast of Utopia), John Pankow (Twelve Angry Men) and Tony Award Winner Phylicia Rashad (A Raisin in the Sun) under the direction of Mark Lamos (Seascape, The Rivals.) One of William Shakespeares most unusual and spectacular plays, the late Romance CYMBELINE combines comedy, tragedy and history into an epic tale of power and magic. This is a story of a magical kingdom ruled by a wicked queen with a Lear-like monarch lost to her spell, a clown who becomes a monster, a good-hearted husband wracked with doubts about his wifes fidelity and a luminous heroine around whom the whole play swirls like designs in a Persian carpet. A Lincoln Center Theater presentation, the play creates a world never before seen but in dreams a world of shipwrecks, magical banquets, characters inexplicably becoming winged gods descending on the backs of eagles.

Available Dates
Sundays: November 4th 3:00PM
Tuesdays: November 6th 8:00PM
Wednesdays: November 7th 2:00PM, November 7th 8:00PM
Thursdays: November 8th 8:00PM
Fridays: November 2nd 8:00PM
Saturdays: November 3rd 8:00PM

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 04:05 PM

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#2re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:37pm

i have a GREAT seat for Cymbeline in December :) i'm excited for that!

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#3re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:51pm

GO SEE FARNSWORTH INVENTION.

i absolutely loved it. aaron sorkin is a genius and the play really moved me, very clever, original, great writing...

and my TDF seat was Row G, just left of the aisle.

DEFFF worth the $29!

shesamarshmallow
#4re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:01pm

Got mine for tomorrow's matinee.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#5re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:04pm

^^^ We will see one another tomorrow. I am still p*ssed off for paying $64.00 plus fees .. I should have waited ! I did not know they will ADD MORE tickets today .. FRIDAY .. Unbelievable !

Moral to the story : if they ran out of tickets on TDF ...wait bec. they might bring it back ... buy at the last minute ..

J re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 05:04 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#6re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:10pm

Folky- I would have see CYMBELINE with you, but unfortunately I dont do Shakespeare.. Olde English is beyond my comprehension skills & tolerance level re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF

J re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 05:10 PM

Videos