Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/11/08 at 5:43pm

Now that the show has opened, does anyone know what thier SRO or rush policy is?

I am curious about the show but I don't want to see the show for 80 bucks in the rear Mezz.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#2re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/11/08 at 5:46pm

If you wait long enough I'm sure they'll pop out a discount code or put tickets on TKTS sonner with the horrible reviews.

Beauty had SRO. I'm assuming LM might have it as well. But they do have height restrictions though because the wall is so high.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:38pm

bump? Updated On: 1/13/08 at 12:38 PM

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:41pm

I know they started selling them after opening. I went yesterday to ask for them around 7 and the lady said they sold out of them at 2.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#4re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:47pm

thanks! - were they rush or sro?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:48pm

Standing Room Only.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#6re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:58pm

I did standing room for the matinee yesterday...the view was excellent...and so was the price. $26.50!

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#7re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 12:58pm

hmm i wonder if i went over now if i could get one??

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#8re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:01pm

If I recall,

When I wen to see Beauty they told me about the hight thing. I just shrugged it of and said I was fine. They have to tell you for thier benifit. They don't want you to come crying to them saying that you can't see because the wall is too high. It's sorta one of those buy at your own risk things.

The only place that was ever anal about the hight thing was the New Amsterdam. They asked my hight as if they were asking my age before I got a beer or something.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

WithoutATrace
#9re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:10pm

Brian...go now! I may stand for the show again next weekend.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#10re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:46pm

thanks trace!!! I just went and tried, but they said it's not sold out yet, so i'm gonna go back before 2:30 and try again:)

bwayboy310
#11re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 2:13pm

How are mezzanine seats for the show?
I heard some say you can't see the wave effects as well, and some say the mezz is the best...
Any insight?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 2:27pm

I want to try it SRO. Having seen it from the mezz last night, I think I'd really prefer the orchestra level with this one. I don't know...I didn't like looking down on the waves...I would have rather looked more straight on.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#13re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:25pm

What is the height restriction that they have?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BroadwayBound86
#14re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:39pm

Well I'm about 5'2', and depending on what shoes I'm wearing, the wall comes right up to about my nose, so I can see over the wall, but just barely...
Updated On: 1/13/08 at 04:39 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#15re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:44pm

I think with Beauty they didn't want to sell it to you if you were under 5 ft. 6. I'm right at that height and I never did it, but I went back to check it out and I don't see how someone who's 5'2" did it unless you had on massive platform shoes. My chin was just at the rail.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

BroadwayBound86
#16re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 4:51pm

Hence why I said depending on what shoes I'm wearing. I've never actually done SRO at the theater, but I have gone up to the wall to see if I would have been able to.

If you get there early enough you can ask for a spot on the end so you can peek around the side.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:12pm

Ah, ok. So their SRO isn't numbered on the ticket? Or did you mean ask at the box office for an end spot?

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

WithoutATrace
#18re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:18pm

My friends and I were standing room 101, 102 and 103. They are numbered. Yesterday was my sixth time seeing the show, but first time from the orchestra level, and yes, the waves looked so much better from that point of view!

BroadwayBound86
#19re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:28pm

They are numbered. But if you get there early enough when they first begin selling them you can ask for one of the spots on the end if it's available. It also depends on who's working in the box office....you could get stuck with someone who won't help you out.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#20re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:41pm

Gotcha. Like the evil red-headed woman. :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

BroadwayBound86
#21re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:48pm

Exactly!! haha I've personally never had to deal with her...but I've heard horror stories.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#22re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 5:57pm

I have a couple of times. Once she flet out walked off the window when she finished with the guy in front of me. I just stood in my place in line and about a minute later, someone else came up to the window and was very nice. I just needed to pick up my tickets.

She tends to like to say standing room isn't available. She is a terror. I think my usher last night was probably related.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#23re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 6:18pm

i just did it!!! Loved the show (i'll have to write a review later), and a very nice man (Dennis) helped me get a standing room ticket. He said people under 5'-7" wouldn't really be able to see, but the bar seemed lower than that to me....i had spot 103, and a great view!

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#24re: Little Mermaid Rush/SRO qustion
Posted: 1/13/08 at 6:30pm

That is a freakishly tall wall... when I did SRO for ACL, the wall was short. But I guess with my being 6'4, the tall wall would be more comfortable to lean against.

Videos