pixeltracker

Forever Plaid- Frankie's Monologue

Forever Plaid- Frankie's Monologue

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#1Forever Plaid- Frankie's Monologue
Posted: 2/26/08 at 8:14pm

Does anyone happen to either know Frankie's Monologue at the end of Forever Plaid, or know a place that it is up online?

Thank you

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.

roquat
#2re: Forever Plaid- Frankie's Monologue
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:36pm

We came back once, maybe we can do it again. We don't know what's going to happen. We can't be sure of anything except how we feel. That nothing on this or any other planet compares with the feeling of being inside a good tight chord, knowing we're building an arrangement that will vibrate through eternity!

Picture this. We're headed into the release of "Splendored Thing". I know I've got to come in strong on the inside of the harmony. I hear a cool A-flat building on my left, so I slip into an F-sharp. That sends you all cascading. You topple into a portomento of epic proportions. Smudge comes around. He passes me the dominant. I pass it back. C, C-sharp, D, D-sharp. The coast is clear--not a nosebleed in sight! Then Jinx heads out with his money notes. A, A-sharp--maybe a B if he feels particularly hot--and he does. We change keys. Shift it, shift it. We modulate to the stars! VROOM! We sail over melodies creating whole new galaxies as we go. We parachute off our snow-covered chord, cushioning down on a cloud of warm sound. We don't want to let go of the song. We're almost out of breath, but we keep going longer and stronger. And then, as one, we CUT OFF!

There is only silence. Quality silence. Sleek sweat pours down our collective necks. It's a good sweat. A perfect chord. One perfect moment. That's all anyone has the right to ask for--and we had more than our share. Singing in the upholstered comfort of the Mercury was our Madison Square Garden. The Ladies' Auxiliary Meeting was our Carnegie Hall. The opening of the Stroudsberg Sears was our Ed Sullivan Show, and it was good, damnit! Excuse me. But it was good. Real good.

Did I leave anything out?

As much as I don't want to. I know it's time to leave. We touched our dream. So please, let's just sing the last song, and go like Plaids. Please? Please...

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

Videos