pixeltracker

Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on BOEING-BOEING.- Page 2

Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on BOEING-BOEING.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#25re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on BOEING-BOEING.
Posted: 5/28/08 at 10:00am

Glad you liked the show.

Glad your boy is wearing the Obama shirt.

I saw this last night and had a blast!

I think it just might win the Revival award and I think Mark Rylance just might win Best Actor and if Rondi Reed loses, it'll be to Mary McCormack.

I did have some trouble understanding the ladies through the accents, but I was WAY up in the balcony--although Brad and Mark were fine.

I love the design concept--nothing earth-shattering but consistent.

Mark Rylance: He is something else...Chaplinesque really, to sound like a pretentious queen. Very funny and he manages to be find humor in places most actors would ignore.

Brad Whitford: Also very funny and very sexy I thought--I wanted to see him at least without the dress shirt.

Christine: What a joy to see an actress of such acclaim and glamour play a character without a shred of vanity. And she's great in the curtain call.

Mary (Gretchen): Everything you read is true.

Gina (Gabriella): Maybe the weakest of the three, but still quite strong and super sexy.

Kathryn (Gloria): The biggest surprise--she gets better and better as the show goes on...abrasive, raunchy, loud...totally American.

I really enjoyed the curatin call as well--I left the theatre in a great mood...thanks!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#26re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on BOEING-BOEING.
Posted: 5/28/08 at 11:27pm

I saw the show last year in London and it was great. Looking forward to seeing it here in a couple weeks. Since Mark Rylance was in the London production -- but with a British accent, I'm anxious to see the difference with his being an American in this one (he does play it as an American, right?) His sense of comic timing is amazing.

Mark820 Profile Photo
Mark820
#27re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on BOEING-BOEING.
Posted: 5/29/08 at 1:45am

Man i wish i could see this show. I did some of Camoletti's other work, more specifically "Don't Dress for Dinner" at my school. I wish i lived in New York or New York region

Videos