News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Patash

Patash Profile Photo
Member Name: Patash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman, should they have a show on broadway?  Oct 24 2018, 12:45:02 PM

Call me stupid but I saw them do Annapurna a couple years ago in New York..  At the time I had no idea there were married, and I arrived just before curtain so didn't have time to read the Playbill and find that out.  It wasn't till later when I read that I realized why their onstage chemistry was so great.  

Andrea Mcardle  Oct 24 2018, 12:33:03 PM

I love her voice, but I've seen her do a couple of things since Jerry's Girls, mainly an embarrassing production of Mame at Buck's County Playhouse is which she was only lukewarm in the acting department.  Also a regional production of Mack and Mabel in Florida and she was even less impressive.   I personally think she's best doing her cabaret act which is sensational.   

What show should my highschool do?  Apr 17 2018, 08:45:50 AM

I think one of the most wonderful things about A Chorus Line is that the audience sits through a whole evening of giant bare stage and minimal costumes and "production values", but that at the end can be absolutely bowled over with a gigantic and spectacular set and costumes.   I think it might be a great way to break in that "huge" new theatre.   

Curious, by "fly wires" did you mean flies for scenery or for flying actors? &nb

Booth Theatre Seat Question  Apr 11 2018, 09:34:17 AM

When I bought my ticket there were a lot of seats in the front row of the mezzanine, but very few in orchestra.  I recall the Booth stage is very high and I once sat in front row of orchestra and although I'm 6 feet tall I could barely see onto the stage and lost them when they were upstage.  But I LOVE the front row mezzanine of the Booth.  Have you checked that?  That's what I got and am looking forward to it.

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut  Apr 11 2018, 09:31:29 AM

"Her acting in some places felt a bit subdued to me, but could be a choice to be playing Jenna as a bit more quietly resigned to life than other actresses have played her."

Hmmm. I'm trying to look at this as a positive as you seem to be doing, but for the life of me I can only seem to interpret that comment as "her acting is really dull".

People Leaving at Intermission  Apr 6 2018, 03:40:47 PM

Ever since posting about the woman exclaiming the actors were real when the curtain went up, I've been trying to remember what show that was.  Today it hit me -- it was Newsies.  I was in a Premier seat, by the way, so it begs the question -- how much would you pay for a seat to the movie Newsies?

People Leaving at Intermission  Apr 6 2018, 08:57:08 AM

I think many here are being naive about just how uninformed many audience members are.  I still recall when the curtain went up for one show, the lady behind me loudly saying "look those are live people".   Apparently she thought she was going to see a movie.  

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread  Apr 6 2018, 08:50:37 AM

Ah, thank you, scarywarhol.  I didn't realize it had been cleaned up before the "on demand" airings.  

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread  Apr 5 2018, 10:35:06 AM

Is this where I ask "at what angle were the wings worn"?  

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread  Apr 4 2018, 10:17:14 AM

I read through some 200 plus posts here before watching it on demand last evening.  Wow.  I'm in shock now at some of the comments of things I was expecting.   I normally hate screaming audiences and after reading here I was bracing myself for the worst,  but for the life of me I didn't get the reaction to this one.  I never thought it interfered with anything, and only brought the element of concert and having an audience front and center.  People were r

NEED TO GET RID OF 3 WAITRESS TIX FOR TONIGHT  Apr 1 2018, 03:14:14 PM

Come on folks.  Can't you recognize an April Fool's joke when you see one?

THE STING at Paper Mill - Reports  Apr 1 2018, 03:00:19 PM

I stopped reading when I saw "almost every scene had tap dancing girls appearing for no reason."   How insane.  Since when does any show need a reason for tap dancing girls to appear?   

Who Sang The  Feb 20 2018, 03:50:56 PM

I never saw Ethel do it live, so I won't go there, but I did see all the others mentioned and I'd have to say Imelda Staunton might have been my favorite.  While I LOVE my Patti, I'll have to also say hers was my least favorite.  It just seemed she worked so hard delivering it, too many strange histrionics for my liking.   I sat in anticipation of it the whole show and then was just so underwhelmed by it.  Sorry.  

Guess Paper Mill's 2018/19 Season  Feb 20 2018, 01:41:06 PM

Hmmm. Unmasked is good.  I was mainly seeing the masking tape and thinking "Mask".

Live At Lincoln Center  Jan 3 2018, 04:34:25 PM

Last night, I listened to                               
Nancy Walker's original
version of "I Can Cook".            
The slower, 1940s tempo    
allows one to savor the
delicious inner rhymes
and use of jive slang.

At the tempo they gave
Ashford, she could do
little but get the words
out. (Y

Live At Lincoln Center  Jan 2 2018, 01:07:17 PM

Enjoying reading this thread.  Nice to know that so many BW posters didn't make a resolution to stop their bitchiness in 2018.

Gee, regarding the slam posts to someone who mentioned they could have done without so many testimonials -- it's not THAT unusual to do this type of show by letting the work of the composer speak for itself without having to hear over and over again how brilliant the composer was.   Isn't the proof in the works itself?  

Favourite farce?  Nov 8 2017, 12:10:00 PM

I do recall a college prof saying "the quality of a farce is in direct proportion to the number of door slams in it".

Favourite farce?  Nov 8 2017, 11:33:37 AM

I was surprised to see You Can't Take It With You as a farce.  I guess it has some farcical overtones, but I think of it more as a comedy than a farce.  And The Importance of Being Earnest?  I think a British comedy of manners is hardly a farce.

I'd have to go with A Flea in Her Ear -- TRUE farce from beginning to end.  The Play That Goes Wrong is certainly my favorite farce production of recent times, although I'm not sure the play itself matches in qua

David Mamet Rehearsals  Sep 23 2017, 02:59:40 PM

Well, not about shows he directed, but from a friend who was in the original  production of November, I was amused that Mr. Mamet always sat off in a corner at an old fashioned typewriter, constantly typing during early rehearsals. 

re: Most overdone audition songs right now  Jul 3 2017, 08:38:04 AM

My how times change.  I remember back in the 70s when every other girl auditioning could be counted on to sing one of the following:  "Sixteen Going on Seventeen", "I Enjoy Being a Girl", or "Cockeyed Optimist"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You