pixeltracker

A CHORUS LINE to close August 17- Page 4

A CHORUS LINE to close August 17

ghostlight2
#75re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/4/08 at 5:14pm

"If Jessica Lee Goldyn extended another month, maybe the rest of the originals will as well."

"I imagine they will all be staying. It's only three extra weeks, so I just don't see getting an entire new cast for that short amount of time.
"

Doesn't really work that way. There's nothing to compell any of the actors to stay the extra month, and I'm sure many will be wanting to look for the next thing. The odds are that either the show will extend if sales increase due to the closing date announcement, or it will close when the contracts are up, earlier than the projected date.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#76re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/4/08 at 5:22pm

It really did have a good run for it's first 1 1/2 years. Once the strike was over, the show never picked up except during holiday weeks. I'll miss it and am really pissed that the show will be closing with Lopez still in it. I hope after the final show he doesn't take any time to talk to the audience. That should be left to Lee, Avian and any originals.

If, in fact, all the originals resign for the addition three weeks, that'll mean the following cast members were with the show for it's entire 759 performance run:

Jessica Lee Goldyn, Deidre Goodwin, Charlotte d'Amboise, Natalie Cortez, Jeffrey Schecter, James T. Lane, Paul McGill, Heather Parcells, Nadine Isenegger, Mike Cannon, E. Clayton Cornelious, Joey Dudding, Lyndy Franklin & Grant Turner.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 6/4/08 at 05:22 PM

DrewBill
#77re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/4/08 at 7:56pm

I think there are some things about "A Chorus Line" that could be "re-imagined" -- it's a classic, and you wouldn't want to ruin it, but like the recent revival of "Company," I think there's room to "play" with the show a little, perhaps more visually than musically.

Some ideas: Certainly the lighting design can be altered significantly. Perhaps the costumes a bit -- I know it many may object, but it would be interesting to see someone else's take on the gold outfits at the end. I know there's not much of a set, but again, maybe something a little different with the ending number? The semi-circular lighted backdrop towards the end can certainly change.

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#78re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/4/08 at 9:04pm

I'm not shocked, but I'm not happy about it. All great shows have to close sometime.