News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LittlexFallxOfxRain

LittlexFallxOfxRain Profile Photo
Member Name: LittlexFallxOfxRain
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: FULL MONTY.  Jun 6 2008, 04:26:31 PM
My acting teacher was actually in the original cast. Liz McConahay?
She works at a theater called PTW in NJ.

I know, a little random, but I saw Full Monty and got excited.

re: Spring Awakening/Grease Parody  Jun 5 2008, 08:15:44 PM
I haven't seen any others. I don't really know anything about the Easter Bonnet competition. A friend of mine sent me that link and I was hysterical laughter.
re: What's Your Favorite Broadway Theater?  Jun 5 2008, 08:11:04 PM
I too have sentimental reasons for loving the Majestic. I agree with the Gershwin. I didn't like the Nederlander (though I have emotional attatchments to the show), it's not in very good condition.
re: If someone asked you what you thought the top 5 greatest musicals were,  Jun 5 2008, 08:05:38 PM
That's a very hard one to answer. There are a ton of really excellent ones. I'd say Sweeny Todd is definately up there, with Gypsy. And yes, I too love Spring Awakening. Watcha gonna do about it?
Spring Awakening/Grease Parody  Jun 5 2008, 07:57:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-b2rRNchc

This made me smile.

re: Spring Awakening Rules!  Jun 4 2008, 09:21:48 PM
Wow. People on this board are extremely rude. Way to rip the kid to shreds. Even if you disagree, there's a way of saying your opinion without being cruel. If you don't like these types of threads, ignore them. Bwayboy2 is a member of this website just as you are and has a right to post what he wants without being picked on.
re: RENT is set in which year(s)?  Jun 4 2008, 09:12:56 PM
Honestly, I don't understand the people who say it's timeless. Yes, the message is timeless, but the issues are a bit dated. I'd agree with mid 90s. '94 - '96.
re: How did 'Wicked' lose Best Musical to a show about puppets?  Jun 4 2008, 09:07:36 PM
Avenue Q is an overall better musical. Wicked is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful show. It's hard to compare two shows that are so different. But in general, I'd pick the puppets.

I also really hate the crazy fan-girls that obsess about Wicked. Not that that would change which show won the Tony.

re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17  Jun 4 2008, 09:04:24 PM
I'm not shocked, but I'm not happy about it. All great shows have to close sometime.
re: Britney Spears to join GREASE Company?  May 29 2008, 09:24:11 PM
The show was bad enough...
re: Tony Awards Question!  May 29 2008, 09:23:11 PM
I'm not one to give advice on the subject, but I hope you have an excellent time! I am extremely jealous.
re: Tony Awards Question!  May 29 2008, 09:23:09 PM
I'm not one to give advice on the subject, but I hope you have an excellent time! I am extremely jealous.
re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie  May 28 2008, 09:25:26 PM
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her. :)
re: Would HAIRSPRAY be as successful if a woman played Edna?  May 28 2008, 09:24:36 PM
"Also, Mary Sunshine is not a lead."

True, but I still believe that in either case it takes something away from the show.

re: Would HAIRSPRAY be as successful if a woman played Edna?  May 28 2008, 08:20:03 PM
In my opinion, it would have, but I definatley prefer Edna as a man. Either way, the story has a good message, there's a great score and it's a fun family show. I think that Edna as a woman wouldn't keep families from going to see Hairspray.
However, I still would hate for Edna to be played by a woman. It's a funny little quirk to have a man in drag play a woman's part.

edit: In the movie version of Chicago, if you recall, Mary Sunshine was played by a woman and I don't think it af

re: Another Gypsy Review  May 28 2008, 04:25:07 PM
Thanks guys!

Just curious, but did anyone who was there catch when Patti called June "Joan?"

As for the seats, the view was pretty good, but it was uncomfortable having to crane my neck over to see the stage.

re: The LuPone loving/hating freaks  May 28 2008, 01:09:38 AM
I agree, both sides are crazy. I was amazed by Patti's performance in Gypsy (unfortunatly, the first and only time I've seen her) and truly respect her work, but I'm not a crazy fangirl, constantly obsessing about LuPone every chance I get.

And there are those who have a different opinion and don't love her work, but nobody really has to bash Patti fans every time her name's mentioned. The whole thing is rediculous! People should be allowed to have an opinion with out extreme Patti-love

Another Gypsy Review  May 28 2008, 12:47:33 AM
The performance of Gypsy tonight was absolutely phenomenal. I am in awe of Patti Lupone; she is truly a goddess in the flesh. Because I'm only in high school I haven't been fortunate enough to see as many shows as I would like. That in mind, this was the best performance I've ever seen in my life. The entire cast was incredable, and I enjoyed every moment.

I wish I had a better seat. We were in the balcony, which wasn't terrible, but I'm used to being seated closer to the stage. I wen

re: 7 year old's version of 14G.  May 26 2008, 11:34:59 PM
I think that it's incredible that a 7-year-old girl would choose to sing this. Sure, she needs voice lessons, but come on, she's 7! In a couple of years...
re: Jennifer Barnhart leave Q?  May 25 2008, 12:33:33 PM
If it says that someone else is now playing her part, then yes, she left.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You