HSM 2 on Tour?

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:23pm

I just watched the news on San Jose, CA NBC 11 TV and as part of the HSM promotion, the lead actress gave an interview and mentioned that the touring production will hit the road in the fall.

Is that for real? They beat Phantom with the sequel on stage!

HSM have stage seating in San Jose at the AMTSJ and the show will be playing thru this weekend.

Other news:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/116728.html

http://www.theatermania.com/content/show.cfm/show/143978

Updated On: 6/11/08 at 03:23 PM

ExceedinglyPeculiar2 Profile Photo
ExceedinglyPeculiar2
#2re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:44pm

A sequel already?? The original HSM on stage is still touring!

"My understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer." -- David Mamet on Jeremy Piven's early departure from the cast of Broadway's 'Speed-the-Plow'

steviegabor
#2re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:50pm

The movies are cute, but this thing has been blown out of proportion. It's not that damn great. =/

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#3re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:00pm

...and HSM 4 is rumored to be in the works already.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#4re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:04pm

The only reason I watch the movies is because Vanessa is hot!

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#5re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:08pm

The guy who played Dyllun in Cubby, is playing Zeke. Who ever that is.

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#6re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:26pm

North Shore Music Theatre is performing it this summer too

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

SgtDonut Profile Photo
SgtDonut
#7re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:27pm

Oh goody. I'll admit those movies are cute and they entertain the little ones, but I'm getting sick of Zac Efron. The songs aren't terrible, they just lack...well substance really.

The Best Thing Right Now: Hair Revival!

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#8re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:25pm

The world premier production of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 opens this July at the Harrell Theatre in Collierville, TN.

harrelltheatre.org

TOTSFAN2
#9re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:45pm

HSM 2 will have its all equity professional premiere at Theater Of The Stars in November. Maybe the lead actress was speaking of this production. There is no word on whether the show will tour or not. The first national tour of HSM 1 will be closing on August 24th in Atlanta after 15 months on the road. Some of the members of the original company will return to revive their roles in HSM 2.

broadwayboy522
#10re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 8:59pm

I hate the HSM movies but felt the national tour and production in Atlanta were really good. They did a really good job transferring the show to the stage and made lots of changes that worked well! And the cast is great!

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#11re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 9:26pm

The fourth movie is to be called "Community College Musical."

Your fupa is showing.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#12re: HSM 2 on Tour?
Posted: 6/11/08 at 9:29pm

isnt it true they are trying to get gag effron to be Radimes in the AIDA movie? along with beyonce( barf)

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Videos