#25re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/13/08 at 1:55pm

What about The 39 Steps?

The Best Thing Right Now: Hair Revival!

brettystar Profile Photo
brettystar
#26re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/13/08 at 9:47pm

It depends what you enjoy most about musicals.

YF has spectacular sets, a great cast (currently at least), excellent choreography and a very funny script.

AQ has a simple set, a small cast (some of whom are excellent and some of whom are ok) and a very witty script.

I saw both of them in May and absolutely loved YF. I also enjoyed AQ but YF is the one I would see again if I could. I paid $120 for YF and got center seats 4 rows from the stage.

My AQ ticket was $70 for center 7 rows back. This was too far back I felt for this show.

'Downtown Elaiggghhhy?'

SweetQintheLights
#27re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/13/08 at 9:50pm

Avenue Q

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#28re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/13/08 at 9:57pm

Ditto, BLAXX! Follow his advice!

masb19872
#29re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/13/08 at 10:48pm

I agree with the Passing Strange recommendation, but of the shows you have listed, I'd go with Avenue Q.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#30re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/14/08 at 2:39am

Young Frankenstein! hands down.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

bwaybabe2
#31re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/14/08 at 10:50pm

Tale of Two Cities...if you like epics, romance, and great theater in general...the sets, lighting, costumes and actors will not disappoint you :)...and the music is amazing, too!
You probably can get cheap tickets, since it will still be in preview, then.

susanlynn
#32re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/19/08 at 2:05pm

I agree ...Tale of Two Cities is the show to see...I saw it in Florida expected to hate it and I Loved IT!!!!!! I would put this one at the top of you list! This show moved me , its the best show I have seen in a long time.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#33re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/19/08 at 2:42pm

If you're in town in August why don't you be daring and go off-off-broadway. From August 8th - 24th, 2008 the NYC International Fringe Festival will be running. There are performances of many various shows during the day (each venue can do 4 or 5 performances in one day) and there are many , many venues, so it doesn't have to use up your "On Broadway" time.
The full schedule and performance times have not been announced yet - but their site is http://www.fringenyc.org/

A Grey Spring Profile Photo
A Grey Spring
#34re: 1 more show...help please.
Posted: 6/19/08 at 4:11pm

August: Osage County --- You won't regret it.