News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thetinymagic2

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
Member Name: thetinymagic2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

dramatic one man shows?  Oct 30 2012, 04:02:28 AM
Talk Radio by Eric Bogosian!
OFFICIAL: REBECCA Is Officially Delayed Indefinitely; Producers Blame Anonymous Email for Scaring Away New Investor This Week  Sep 30 2012, 08:54:33 PM
The entire story is complete BS. Can't wait till the lawsuits.
Where's the email?? Easy enough to trace....

Playbill - colored vs. black and white  Sep 27 2012, 08:03:16 PM
At first I thought, reading the thread title quickly, that this was a "racist" thread posted by Jim Colyer, White Supremacist.lol.
TDF  Sep 27 2012, 02:49:46 AM
often. no. yes. no.
Vocal Selections (Melody in piano or not)  Sep 27 2012, 02:47:35 AM
It depends on how good a sight singer you are. I usually buy sheet music without a separate melody line. The melodies are usually built into the piano arrangements anyway. It also depends on how good an ear you have, and how advanced your piano technique is. Sheet music is usually arranged for beginner/intermediate, so they're usually pretty easy to play, and in easy key signatures.
Would anyone who lives near TImes Square be willing to let me stash my Flea Market goods there?  Sep 10 2012, 08:02:52 PM
ck your PMs
Hardcover book with inside theatre photos?  Sep 1 2012, 05:48:16 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Broadway-Theatres-Nicholas-Hoogstraten/dp/1568981163/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346493144&sr=1-1&keywords=LOST+BROADWAY+THEATERS

Hardcover book with inside theatre photos?  Sep 1 2012, 05:48:10 AM
LOST BROADWAY THEATERS. GREAT BOOK. TRY AMAZON.
Anyone ever experienced a major audience emergency/problem in the middle of a show???  Aug 29 2012, 02:16:18 AM
Yes. Many, many times. The worst was someone dying just before the curtain rose on the 2nd preview of "The Full Monty". A family had won tix for the show, all really dolled up - they were sitting in the 5th row, - the grandmother collapsed, someone in the audience started CPR, the stagehands brought out lights onstage for the EMS that came and continued working on her for a good 20 minutes in the aisle, (ripping the poor woman's clothes off), the rest of the family was ushered out into the lo
go go go rosef u kno wut they say  Aug 21 2012, 09:52:53 PM
Capn being totally pompous. Don't like the msgs, don't read the board. THAT simple.
Favorite chorus numbers?  Aug 21 2012, 06:46:52 AM
We're in he Money - 42nd St

Twitter User Threatening Broadway Attack.  Aug 10 2012, 10:09:36 PM
TheShuberts are trying to sell this stinking show for a few wks. Of course they don't want extended bad publicity. I'm sure there's more to this story, but not knowing doesn't necessarily mean nothing is being done, legally or otherwise behind the scenes. If we want the info, I guess TMZ could always bribe somebody for the inside scoop. On a larger scale, there are hundreds of foiled threats every wk in ny and elsewhere. If you knew everything, your life would be frozen
with fear and anx

New Broadway Blog Just Launched  Aug 9 2012, 04:41:51 AM
Sweet, innocent blog so far, Jane. What kind of theatre do you have out there?

(Be nice to the newbie, people!)

Nutty professor BWW Clip?  Aug 9 2012, 12:59:24 AM
Oh really? Interesting. I have not read a thing about this show, but hey, I'm a 60s girl to the core, so I might give it a chance. One never knows, DO one??
Nutty professor BWW Clip?  Aug 9 2012, 12:54:16 AM
Gawd, I hate out of town preview clips, and I hate Jerry lewis, but gotta admit that I kinda liked the choreo bit about 1/2 way thru, w/"jerry" in the red suit. Pretty nutty dance moves.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-TV-First-Look-Marvin-Hamlisch-Rupert-Holmes-Broadway-Bound-THE-NUTTY-PROFESSOR-in-Nashville-20120808

Twitter User Threatening Broadway Attack.  Aug 8 2012, 09:02:26 PM
Most probably, I would say this reeks of adolescent idiocy, or worse. (could be wrong, though.) Sicko attention ho...I mean, the twitter acct. name was "obamasmistress". Can anyone say: radical right FOX watching wingnut? Just sayin'. THAT bogus story was from 2010.
Twitter User Threatening Broadway Attack.  Aug 8 2012, 08:47:06 PM
the militarized zone...eek.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/mike-tyson-broadway-show-target-of-threatening-tweet-1.3888863

Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?  Jul 25 2012, 04:16:14 AM
Great post, Brooke.
FYI - Below ground, in the basement of a certain Bway Theatre lies the Operations Ctr. for Shubert security. On one wall are NYPD mug shots/reports of all suspicious characters known and suspected who hang around, harass, etc. anyone working at a theatre. Know that you're being watched when you stagedoor. They take any potential threats extremely seriously. The NYPD/Bway Theatre Security know all usual suspects in the Times Sq. area.

BTW, Acting is a JOB.
B

Merrily We Roll on Broadway?  Jul 11 2012, 12:00:31 AM
Hate to say it, but your normal Bway audience has the attnetion span of a flea these days. One of MY fave shows, however, is your avg. tourist gonna concentrate enough to follow a backwards storyline? I think not. Unless Tom Cruise is in i.

A very niche musical for us theatre nuts.

NYC Advice  Jun 22 2012, 06:23:50 AM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You