News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaybabe2

Member Name: bwaybabe2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Broadway fanatic...!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 31 2011, 03:50:12 PM
CPD, I am glad to hear no nerve was hit. However, being in the Theatre in NYC for 40 years, I am sure you must have had more than one encounter with the actor, so I hope there is no bad blood between you? Even if it is just not liking his guts. The name...do you not mingle with yourger actors? Because they pretty much know of her. And for your info, I was reading a thread where they mentioned her name, and that is when I came to know of her, and started my research. How could I look it up i
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 31 2011, 03:11:16 PM
First, I don't know how some of you have so much time to post so much on this board. I don't have that luxury. If my "long"(I do hope there are people on here who know what quotation marks are used for. I do, so I use them)post was not written well, perhaps it was because I was rushing through it. Yes, I have to apologize for not having the amount of time some of you seem to have. Sorry, but I have a life to live, so condenm me for it.
Phyllys, do not turn my words around. What I said

ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes  Aug 27 2011, 09:00:10 AM
I hope this runs until I can afford to get to NY!
And my friend got to meet Sutton after one of the shows and was enchanted by her.
He can't stop saying how nice she is :)

Beautiful Broadway LP Album Covers  Aug 27 2011, 08:57:07 AM
Yet another beautiful thread...thank you!

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 27 2011, 08:54:25 AM
Humm...perhaps I have hit a nerve here? Now some are trying to descredit me by saying I am crazy...? I think perhaps a couple of you have opened yourselves with your replies...connection to the girl, perhaps?

No, CPD, it is not "scarey". Actually I think you mean scary You do know this woman has an IMBb, right?

Anyway, for those who don't know here, her name was leaked out way back, and pretty much everyone in the Theater world in NY (and some outside) knows who she is. I try to do my research before I speak, and I did that waayyy back in 2008. Besides that, almost not a couple of months passed by that she got another "job", and was giving "interviews". Hard to overlook, don't you think?
And Catalano, your revival comment was funny, but your last post was not. We are talking about someone's life being messed up due to this incident. Get a grip.

Oh, and check this out: Without having done anything, she "suddenly" got her first job...right after the accusation was made. That right there seems a bit suspicious to me and anyone with a brain.

No Poster? So I made my own  Aug 27 2011, 08:21:16 AM
That's actually quite fetching WSS. Nice work.
I also love this thread and all the contributions! Creativity flowing ?

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 26 2011, 11:59:32 AM
Well, you are so right newintown when you said "Accepting "awards" as proof of merit is not really the brightest thinking. Anyone can give (or get) an award."
That is why I am surprised that you equal accomplishments to being nominated or winning awards:
"...but don't exaggerate his accomplishments - the only award identified with him on ibdb is a nomination (not a win) for a simple Drama Desk. On his own website he mentions a few other low-level nominations (again, not wins). He may h

BONNIE & CLYDE music  Aug 26 2011, 10:44:48 AM
Well, I don't think this is an official video from the show promoters...maybe Carol can comment on that. That is probably why the music is not from the show...and yes, it would have been great to hear what was going on...
Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....  Aug 25 2011, 10:55:09 AM
Would love to see this! Does anyone know how long the show might be around? I haven't had a chance to read the thread, so forgive me if the answer has already been mulled around
Cathy Rigby as Peter Pan, again?!?!?  Aug 25 2011, 10:45:48 AM
OK G, you got me to laugh...but, sorry, I don't think Cathy will fit that category for you. After all, she brought to this role (and said by others also, not just me), an athleticism which neither Martin or Duncan possessed.
I wish her the best.

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 25 2011, 10:40:51 AM
Uh...yeah, I skipped through the "r" in real =)
newintown...what are you saying...? Perhaps some comments made on these posts need to start with "In my opinion" or "I feel" or "I think", because I see a lot of things being said about actors which are contrary to their reputation or body of work.
Perhaps you don't like Barbour, OK. I don't like Brad Pitt (contrary most females), and I have only seen him in one film so far which where I have accepted his acting...maybe because I liked

Cathy Rigby as Peter Pan, again?!?!?  Aug 25 2011, 10:21:32 AM
N2Theater...you took the words I was going to post, haha. I also say WHY NOT? She is obviously is great shape, and enjoys playing this role. I think there are going to be a lot of happy kids (AND parents ) out there experiencing this...talking about good and "real" family Theater.
I...can't wait till it comes near me! :))

BONNIE & CLYDE music  Aug 25 2011, 10:13:38 AM
Thank you all for the input...I saw that movie and don't remember this song?! And here I hear it to this video and it plays in my head on and on...weird!
I really thought it was from B&C, since it was talking about clutching the Bible, and then "how it ends" sounded like the poem Bonnie wrote about themselves...something about "knowing how it would end"..."it was death to B & C".I now would like to get this for my music library :)

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW REVIVAL  Aug 24 2011, 12:35:00 PM
Too bad James Barbour had to leave the show...it would have been a amazing to see him play Frank-and-Furter...it was quite a different role for him, a eal stretch to his acting abilities, to say the least.
I find the replacement has an air resemblance to Barbour. Just a tinge only.

BONNIE & CLYDE music  Aug 24 2011, 12:24:34 PM
Carol, excuse me for taking so long to get back here, but I am extremely busy lately...here is a link to that song. I find it haunting and just from hearing it the first time, it has stayed in my head playing...I think this might be the first time a song stays like that just from listening once!
Can you name it?

BONNIE & CLYDE music  Aug 21 2011, 06:18:04 AM
Does anyone know the title of that song played as background for the B&C reading in NY? It's been haunting me playing in my mind since I heard it yesterday. Lately I have been time deprived to get into much research, so if anyone knows right off, would appreciate their answer.

Snippets from BMI Musical Theatre Workshop CD, 'No More Revivals' available  Jan 14 2010, 05:57:12 AM
Thank you for posting this, nearthestage. This sounds like something which should have happened long ago, already. We need to foster what talent is out there, and I know there is much to be heard still. What a great thing to be coming!
And...what a great opportunity/avenue for MT songwriters and their musical efforts! :)

PETER PAN!  Jan 14 2010, 05:43:29 AM
Regardless, it will still be a treat to witness Rigby in the role...
PETER PAN!  Jan 13 2010, 02:27:33 AM
At first I thought it was some joke...but, seems real!
Another unspoken Bway dream come true! This is truly awesome! Thanks for the heads up! :)

A TALE OF TWO CITIES PianoVocal Songbook Now Avaliable  Jan 10 2010, 03:17:18 AM
Seems that way! Check the back of the book, and a friend of a friend told me he was just told, but did not elaborate.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You