pixeltracker

People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wicked Movie....I Kid You Not- Page 3

People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wicked Movie....I Kid You Not

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#50re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/20/08 at 5:19pm

I think that they took somebody from Broadway to play young Galinda Annaleigh Ashford would be a good pick. I have to say as much as I love Kristin Chenoweth she may look too old. Hollywood can do wonders with makeup though!

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#51re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:00pm

I think a Wicked Movie is golden. Just having the word association with, "The Wizard of Oz" truly is enough to get even the leery to want to check it out. That being said I hope they cast someone who knows the part and can sing it well.

Like Sweeney Todd, it should have some speaking and the rest singing. They did that with 'Wizard" and the Movie still plays over and over again decades later. I believe, since the staged version is done so magnificently well, a Movie will only bring even more attention to this well deserving show. It offers us a great message about relationships that I think has really touched a lot of people all around. With the already established set and costume designs, it just seems made for a Movie.

I would feel cheated it the took out most of the songs from the show. I wouldn't want them to sing all of the dialog just to sound "musical". I rather they use both dialog and singing as a compliment.

I really enjoyed the Movie version of JCS and with re-makes, so many of them are falling short of the original. I will go back to my thoughts that it would be money well spent to take something mediocre to produce rather than try to re-make something that is already good? Put it back into the Theaters if you are that bored but just make something we can't already buy on DVD please?

I will be looking forward to Wanted 2 but I wish they had the same editor Dark Knight had. Great Movie and so much of Wanted is good but some of it's special effects were too dragged out for me. Hoping somehow, Angelina's character survives so that she and James can continue with their association's work.

yukino
#52re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:11pm

ok. i don't mine them making a film and i would wait as long as they need but ONE PROBLEM. they NEVER use people from stage. i mean rent and the producers were fantastic because they were STAGE actors. i just recently saw mamma mia and i was sick of pierce brosnan singing. that man cannot sing! yet they cast him. stupid film industries.

jarred03
#53re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:16pm

Does everybody forget that Elpheba is GREEN? Whoever plays her can be up to 40 years old because through the green make up they'll be wearing you won't be able to tell how old she is?

Anne Hathaway is not a belter, so please, please, please stop suggesting her because although she looks the part and could act it perfectly she would ruin it with her singing. Her singing style actually fits Galinda more but I don't think her looks could pull it off.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:28pm

Seeing as how JCSS movie was the absolute pits, why not? They have nothing to lose.

Poster Emeritus

Shapusen Profile Photo
Shapusen
#55re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/21/08 at 4:20pm

"Does everybody forget that Elpheba is GREEN? Whoever plays her can be up to 40 years old because through the green make up they'll be wearing you won't be able to tell how old she is?"

So . . . if I slathered Patti Lupone in green make-up and shoved her in front of a camera, would you buy her as an 18 year old? Meryl Streep? Maggie Smith?

Just saying :)

I get where you're going with that, jarred03, but I just couldn't resist.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#56re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
Posted: 7/21/08 at 5:32pm

MERYL STREEP AS MADAME MORRIBLE!!! re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic