pixeltracker

is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....

is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....

JaredBway
#1is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:36am

in xanadu, in case you were wondering.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#2re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:39am

That's what it says on broadwayunderstudies.com so there is no reason to believe she won't be.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#2re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:20pm

Yep. Kenita will be playing Kira/Clio on Sunday, and btw....

Happy Birthday Kenita !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/22/08 at 9:28am

Why am I not going to be around on Sunday? re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....

I expect reviews.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/22/08 at 10:53am

I'm kinda peeved Kate Loprest isn't getting a chance to go on in this role.

cyril2
#5re: is it true kenita miller will be on for kerry on sunday....
Posted: 8/22/08 at 3:09pm

i hear Kate Loprest (KLo) is joining Hairspray on Broadway very shortly as Amber Von Tussle. Way to Go, Kate! Go, Blue.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#6Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 5:12pm

Just saw Kenita as Kira/Clio, and she was briliant!

First off, re-designed costume and wig. No, not blond - but gorgeous long dark hair, styled similarly to the normal blond wig, but without all the hairpray, which left her free to flip and work like there was no tomorrow!

Costume was a purple/dark pink baby doll dress, with the top portion (for lack of a better word) bedazzled. In all left somewhat simple, but works because she's so tiny anyway, don't want her to look so busy.

Singing-wise, absolutely spectacular. Hearing her as ensemble, she belts it out, but with her volume up all the way in the lead, the walls were shaking! What's great is even when she's belting, her voice is so sultry and deep, her takes on Suddenly and Magic were soulful and rich. Suddenly was great as well because she fully played up the sexual attraction to Sonny, so some of the physicality was suprisingly erotic while also being humourous.

Probably my only complaint was because of the darker hair and costume, there were points where when she wasn't in the spotlight (like Whenever You're Away From Me), where she got lost when the stage went dimmer.

Best visual pun of the show had to be the kiss mid-show. Even in her skates, Kenita is basically reaches Cheyenne's chest...so for the kiss, Cheyenne swiftly lifts her straight up to his eyeline and then pulls her in smack one on her. Audience totally ate it up!

Immediate standing ovation at the end of the show for everyone, and judging by the cheers for her ovation, she had a lot of friends, family and fans there, and she was clearly moved by the response.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#7Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 5:52pm

Great! I knew that she would be amazing. She's so different from Kerry, but she's absolutely fabulous. If they redesigned the costume and wig, does that mean that she may have a future as the next full time Kira?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 5:55pm

Based on what I've read, with Kate Loprest leaving next weekend to go into Hairspray, Kenita will probably be the new second cover for that role, so they'd need a new wig/costume for her.

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#9Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 5:58pm

Wow, I love Kenita! Good for her!

nasty_khakis
#10Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 6:29pm

kate's not leaving for a few more weeks, but yeah.

twitchy+bitchy+manic
#11Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 7:09pm

oh...I'm sad I missed this by living in London. Kenita on Sunday! Bring Kenita over as clio/kira if it ever transfers! :P and Andre Ward as Melpomene! WORK!

But good for her getting second cover. woo!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#12Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 7:13pm

If they redesigned the costume and wig, does that mean that she may have a future as the next full time Kira?

Back in June, the word was that they had to monitor ticket sales to see if it was worth the cost to invest in rehearsal time and new wig and costume if the show wasn't going to make it past Labour Day. Clearly, things are picking up, so it's great to see they're putting money into the show for the fall.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Testing1232
#13Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 7:40pm

She was absolutely amazing !!! What a voice !!!

The wig looked great- apparantely, she had a choice between going with the blonde one or a darker one, and decided to go darker.

Was so happy for her !!! We were in the first row, (I caught the thong! ) and she was obviously very moved by the ovation that she received.

So glad we got to see her !

vixiedust2
#14Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 7:54pm

awww that's awesome to hear! I hope she gets more chances to go on, cause I'd love to see her take on the role! and well her wig and costume! how was her Australian accent?

Testing1232
#15Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/24/08 at 8:29pm

Her accent was good--- its wasnt as pronounced as Patti and Kerry do it, but it worked for her.

JaredBway
#16Kenita on Sunday!
Posted: 8/25/08 at 2:29pm

I thought it was just magical. she def. had tons of support in the audience, and the people around me (second row mezz) loved her. she should be very proud of herself. I've seen Kenita, Kerry, and Patti now and they are all great in different ways.