Rebecca on broadway

BkCollector
#50re: Rebecca on broadway
Posted: 10/23/08 at 10:21am

Re: Translation. It was originally written in English and rejected by British Producers, so I imagine those problems won't be problems.

ThankstoPhantom
#51re: Rebecca on broadway
Posted: 10/23/08 at 12:50pm

Yes, that is correct. Initially, it was being aimed for a West End premiere, but the problem was, the lyrics were weak, banal, and pedestrian. Michael Kunze, although fluent in English, often does not write pleasant lyrics in English the way he can write some of the most beautiful lyrics in German (this is how I feel from what I have seen/heard over the years). Listen to his English 'Rebecca' songs, and his, unfortunately, uninspiring English versions of 'Ich Gehor Nur Mir' from 'Elisabeth'. As a result, a translator has been hired to do the job for 'Rebecca'...a fresh set of eyes on some fantastic lyrics.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Mattbrain
#52re: Rebecca on broadway
Posted: 10/24/08 at 11:32am

His translation of Ich gehor nur mir...the lyrics make it sound like a love song.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."