Polly Bergen in Follies

Connemara Profile Photo
Connemara
#1Polly Bergen in Follies
Posted: 10/10/08 at 10:53pm

Polly Bergen's Carlotta was one of the few redeeming qualities of the most recent Follies revival.

Her "I'm Still Here" was very moving IMO. It used to be on YouKnowWhat but it is no longer there much to my dismay.

Anyone else agree on this point? And if you can point me towards audio/video of her doing this... :)

Gary Indiana
#2re: Polly Bergen in Follies
Posted: 10/10/08 at 11:31pm

I agree. Her performance was so powerful, and definitely my favorite part of the revival. I would also love to be pointed in the direction of an audio of I'm Still Here.

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#2re: Polly Bergen in Follies
Posted: 10/11/08 at 7:19am

I don't mean to insult you, but you are aware that she did this on the Tony Awards, right?

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3re: Polly Bergen in Follies
Posted: 10/11/08 at 9:03am

While I thought Bergen was good in the show, I think her performance was a bit overrated because the rest of the production was so disappointing.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#4re: Polly Bergen in Follies
Posted: 10/11/08 at 10:04am

I thought Polly Bergen's I'm Still Here was the best version I've ever heard/seen of the song. The production, as others have said, was disappointing in many ways - but it was worth the price of the flight across the Atlantic just for Polly Bergen's Carlotta.

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

Videos