13 review! a must see!!

actor2be
#113 review! a must see!!
Posted: 10/21/08 at 5:51pm

13 is a new musical currently playing at the Bernard B. Jacob's Theatre in the great NYC. This is a brand new musical starring 13 teenagers. That’s right; the entire cast consists of kids age 13-17!!! The talent of this show is absolutely incredible, especially for the young age of the cast! Even the band is made up of all teenagers! What I love about this show is that the teenage actors put absolutely 110% into everything they do! The passion and drive to have the best musical on Broadway is definitely seen in these young actor's and actress's eyes!

The show is about a Jewish boy, Evan Goldman, whose parents divorce and he is forced to move from NYC to a small town of Appleton, Indiana. There he meets Patrice and Archie, his first true friends of this new town. But now, he must decide to live his new life with as a 'geek' with Patrice and Archie or ditch them and move onto the popular crowd. As Evan struggles with this decision, some of the popular crowd turns against him just to get what they want. So now, not only is Evan dealing with friend issues, but he has to stop the rumors flying around school!

With thrilling music, amazing vocals, and exciting choreography, this fast-paced, fun show is sure to knock your socks off!

Now you may be thinking, well the show is clearly designed for young people to see. That is completely not true. This show definitely speaks out to the young Broadway fans, but it also speaks to the more mature audience of Broadway, the adults. As an adult, you will experience set backs of when you were in high school and all of the problems you face growing up. As a child, the show will speak to you because it shows just what really goes on during the adolescent times of your lives. As a teenager myself, I have seen the show twice and both times there was not one scene that didn’t directly fit into my life one way or another! This show is ideal for families.

As a teenager, I LOVE 13 because it was just inspiring! For all young and aspiring actors and actresses, this is the show that you must see! Just seeing this show made me realize that there is indeed hope for us aspiring performers. You don’t have to wait until your 30 to be on Broadway!!!

Now, 13 won't give you a life changing message, but it will definitely give you one night of fun that you DEFINITELY won’t forget! I've seen the show twice and will most certainly be taking a trip to the city to see it again on Broadway! Don't miss your chance to see it!

Acting - 5/5 stars
Singing - 6/5 stars
Dancing - 5/5 stars
Overall Performance - 10/10 stars!!!

13 is a must see!!! Bring your family and friends! You won't be sorry!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#2re: 13 review! a must see!!
Posted: 10/21/08 at 5:54pm

SHILL!!!!!!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#2re: 13 review! a must see!!
Posted: 10/21/08 at 5:54pm

Now we all know what's gonna happen on this board if I post a review too, lol. You just beat me to it.

Good luck with the second competition.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#3re: 13 review! a must see!!
Posted: 10/21/08 at 6:00pm

re: 13 review! a must see!! Updated On: 10/21/08 at 06:00 PM