pixeltracker

What are the leads making?- Page 2

What are the leads making?

Jon
#25re: What are the leads making?
Posted: 10/28/08 at 1:42pm

It's fair to say that the salary range for lead performers on Broadway ranges from $3000 for young newcomers to $30,000 for legendary Broadway stars (or movie stars).

For instance, in CURTAINS, David Hyde Pierce was probably getting around $20,000 a week, while Debra Monk & Karen Ziemba got somewhere in the $10,000 to $15,000 range, and the unknown Jill Paice probably got around $5000.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#26re: What are the leads making?
Posted: 10/28/08 at 2:18pm

"Oh TheatreDiva, don't play holier-than-thou. If actors don't want people to gossip about their personal information then they shouldn't accept high-profile roles on television and Broadway."

Holier than thou? I just said that I think it's rude to ask what people make.

And your excuse that just because they have 'high profile jobs' is mute. The actors don't go posting or blabbing about how much they make, and it's not part of their contract either.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#27re: What are the leads making?
Posted: 10/28/08 at 2:31pm

psst, I think you mean it's moot, unless we're all descending into the world of Marcel Marceau.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 10/28/08 at 02:31 PM