August: Osage County

Sirius Black Profile Photo
Sirius Black
#1August: Osage County
Posted: 11/3/08 at 10:58am

Finally saw this magnificent play at the Sunday show and it is one of the finest things I've ever seen. I was with a friend who is a director from Yale (I say this only to preface that he has seen a show or two in his lifetime.) who saw the original cast and he felt this group of actors was better. I knew Estelle would be brilliant - but I was completely taken aback by Johanna Day. She was AMAZING. I have seen her in the past as a sort of go-to actress for an uptight role but she was a revelation in this role. Can you imagine?! She had two weeks of rehearsal and one put in before she went on. JESUS. She feels she's just getting it now and she is incredible - as was everyone.
As for the play - I can say without the slightest bit of shame that I recognized myself in every character and heard actual things I've said come from Barbara's mouth in particular. I laughed a lot - I was riveted and I cried and cried as well.
I will definitely be making a return visit.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: August: Osage County
Posted: 11/3/08 at 2:59pm

Glad you enjoyed it! I loved it when I saw it a few months back.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Morgaine885
#2re: August: Osage County
Posted: 11/3/08 at 3:45pm

So glad it's going strong! Amazing show.

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#3re: August: Osage County
Posted: 11/5/08 at 7:18pm

Glad Johanna Day is doing Barbara Fordham justice. what an incredible role. How was Michael Milligan as Little Charles?

Videos