News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sirius Black

Sirius Black Profile Photo
Member Name: Sirius Black
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Maestro Michael Feinstein?
 Aug 21 2012, 12:15:40 PM
Michael Feinstein will be able to conduct well enough.

Speaking from experience there are any number of conductors at major pops and orchestras who have no idea what they're doing - Leon Botstein chief among them. Watch the first violin, or the drummer - that's who is really conducting in many instances.

Liz Callaway at Town Hall
 Jul 31 2012, 09:46:09 PM
Liz is one of my very favorites and I am glad to see her in such a great show.
I saw SWING! many times because I was/am in love with Laura B. and I don't recognize Ann at all. She has changed completely since that time.

I hope there's a recording.

Your BEST & WORST shows/performances of the 2011-12 season?
 May 7 2012, 12:16:23 PM
Best performances in plays:
Tyne Daly - Masterclass
Rosemary Harris - The Road to Mecca
Jim Dale - The Road to Mecca

Worst:
Almost everything else. Saw very little outstanding work this year. Lots of meh plays and meh performances from even the most dependible people (I'm looking at you, Judith Light.)

Rosie O'Donnell to star in Annie-according to Huff Post
 Mar 21 2012, 12:33:41 PM
Please theater gods make it just go away, and by "it" I mean RO and her idea that Broadway is some stage in her backyard.
Beth Leavel, Andrea Martin, Debra Monk - all viable Hannigans - all with Tonys. The name in ANNIE is ANNIE. Make a good production and people will come to see it.

This is obviously publicist piffle but I really hope it doesn't happen.

Most beautiful/perfect singing voices
 Jan 19 2012, 11:06:07 AM
I agree about Maureen McGovern. She also has the very best pitch of anyone I've ever heard.

Obviously I love Laura Benanti and think her voice is the most beautiful, but "perfect" is such a relative term, but I will go with Maureen for perfection. I also don't care for her as an artist or other "perfect" voices either. They are boring for me.

MASTER CLASS
 Jun 26 2011, 01:41:01 PM
Well- Tyne is significantly smaller than she has been in the past few years and i think her struggles brought a new depth.

I thought her earthiness was perfect for the role.

MASTER CLASS
 Jun 26 2011, 12:18:59 PM
I also saw the original production w/ Zoe. There were quite a few laughs as I recall. I found Zoe very "actressy". I think Tyne has tremendous truth, passion and power as well as greater physical energy than Caldwell.

It put me off on first seeing the play that Callas' teachings (avaialable on recordings of the actual master classes) were subjugated to the opportunity for her to "reminisce" during the arias. The tenor in the first production was to put it kindly, mediocre and the f

The TONYS on Fashion Police
 Jun 19 2011, 05:49:34 PM
I love Frances Mc. All I can say is - praise Jesus she is a heterosexual. If Cherry had walked out in that we would have died of shame.
Why is Priscilla not doing better business?
 May 24 2011, 10:03:13 AM
Is Priscilla at TKTS? I may try for tonight. Thanks everybody!
The Exorcist on stage!
 May 13 2011, 05:09:24 PM
I saw The Exorcist onstage at Joe's Pub but it was called Jackie FIVE-OH!
Michele, Benanti, O'Hara, and Parker in the running for FUNNY GIRL...
 May 6 2011, 11:21:33 AM
Funny Girl is about a GIRL not a woman. Must find a new person, someone young. And she MUST be credible as someone from the Lower East Side. Bart Sher is a bore. Please God, let someone else do this show, or let Adam Guettel's next show miraculously write itself so Herr Sher has something else to occupy him.
Congratulations Tony Sheldon!!!
 May 5 2011, 05:10:12 PM
I just saw Priscilla. He was so real and touching as well as splendidly campy. I haven't seen all the nominees yet but he was excellent and if he won I would have a big smile on my fsce.

Is anyone seeing VERA STARK tonight?
 Apr 17 2011, 01:50:53 PM
I saw this last week. Sanaa was wonderful and Karen Olivo was a big surprise. Stephanie was excellent in Act I but I think she could have gone much further in Act II. She reminded me of Debbie Reynolds and I think it should have been more Deborah Kerr - I don't want to give a spoiler about why I think that. The film is incredible.

Definitely an excellent play- a lampoon of many things.

Black Actresses who could play Mama Rose?
 Mar 9 2011, 03:27:19 PM
The obvious choice to me is Phylica Rashad who has proven that she can do damn near anything.
The actress who never had the chance was Lynne Thigpen. If only.

Also - thank you for mentioning not to call her "Mamma Rose" which is des rigueur these days. I want to stab someone when I read that.

Your biggest Broadway crush
 Mar 2 2011, 11:07:16 AM
Laura Benanti and Laura Benanti. She just gets better and better!
Of the older stars, I would say that I loved Laurie Beechman when I was a little boy and I cried buckets when she died.

What's next for Cherry?
 Nov 29 2010, 09:21:55 PM
I find that comment about the Coach to be nasty. Cherry is beautiful and a great actress.
What's next for Cherry?
 Nov 28 2010, 04:14:11 PM
After Mrs. Warren's Profession closes has she said what her plans are?
Selling two $10 tix to MRS. WARREN'S PROFESSION for tomorrow 9/3
 Sep 3 2010, 03:04:01 PM
i am interested in your tix BSF. Where are they in the house?
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
 Jul 14 2010, 02:28:11 PM
Erin Davie is miscast - that's all I can say.
Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC
 Jul 13 2010, 02:38:28 PM
I've seen 'em all. THE BEST: I stole Jackie Hoffman's cab. She cursed me. HEAVEN.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You