pixeltracker

Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: "Years before we see it..."- Page 3

Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: "Years before we see it..."

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#50re: Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: 'Years before we see it...'
Posted: 12/2/08 at 1:39am

How old was Margaret Hamilton when she played the witch? Elphaba is supposed to be that witch in the end, I know WICKED isn't the WOO movie but it is based on it. How old do Wicked Witches look when in college? Hmmmm Elphaba also isn't supposed to be pretty so Idina would work fine!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 12/2/08 at 01:39 AM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#51re: Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: 'Years before we see it...'
Posted: 12/2/08 at 1:52am

I LOL'd at that last part.^

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#52re: Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: 'Years before we see it...'
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:16am

Yeah, I too thought the whole deal was that Elphaba is suppose to look "awkward"...or are we going to go with the Gerard Butler Phantom scenario, and make Elphaba HAWTT by casting Megan Fox, and give her a bright green midriff and exposed cleavage, thus bringing a different take on Defying Gravity.

I am gonna go with the "Grease" film as an example. Even though no one in that cast looked like they were in high school, it actually added to the camp and made the film more endearing. I have HATED every production of Grease I have seen with age appropriate casting. Wicked is not some great, serious work or art, it's simply a fun, lavish looking musical comedy with some heartfelt moments here and there, but nothing to be taken too seriously. I say, just cast the two original actresses and have fun with it.
Updated On: 12/2/08 at 10:16 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#53re: Chenoweth on Wicked Movie: 'Years before we see it...'
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:28am

Hamilton was 38, which was the age the Elphaba of the book was when she died. But since Maguire has promised Schwartz and Holtzman not to contradict their version with his, Elphaba now "dies" at 23 and isn't really dead.