News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SNAFU

SNAFU Profile Photo
Member Name: SNAFU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Slave Play  Nov 30 2019, 06:30:53 PM

dramamama611 said: "So is this going to turn into The Scotsboro Boys? Ruined by people that only have a knee jerk reaction to what a small minority might feel? I can't fault the woman that started it, as I believe she's simply relying on her feelings and if she feels offended, the material is offensive.(her truth)

I can't speak to the piece, not having seen it. However, how widespread can her opinion be if there hasn't been other discussion of this before n

THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Return to Broadway in 2021  Oct 22 2019, 11:33:12 AM

Didn't see the stage show but I grew up with the Rock Opera. Dtd they change the lyrics to Acid Queen? I remember her signing "I'm the Gypsy, the Acid Queen...."

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS returning Off-Broadway this Fall?  Aug 19 2019, 08:27:23 PM

This show was never meant for broadway. It is way too intimate for even the smaller of Broadway Houses. The Orpheum was perfect for it. Actually, I think the theatre istself gave this show legs... so to speak. Even Julie Taymor herself turned down th show when she was approached and turned it over to Marty Robison. A first rate production in a small, slightly off beat venue will mean years in longevity! Think Blue Man Group or Stomp! not to mention the first version of The Fantastiks!

Hal Prince has died  Jul 31 2019, 02:59:26 PM

Never met him but I know he was on the Board of Directors of The Irish rep. My family. He will be missed! How ever, what a ripe old age, what a legacy! We should all be so lucky!

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 21 2019, 03:59:58 PM

I do hope they have a cat sitting on a shelf casually swapping things off with an unconcerned look!

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Apr 10 2019, 07:23:42 PM

This!

The Lion King live new trailer!  Apr 10 2019, 06:54:38 PM

I personally don't know what I feel about this. Like DUMBO (Dumbo, sorry I live in Brooklyn) and Jungle Book, the original films were perfect works of art. They have stood the test of time. Do we need this? Personally I much prefer the 2 D cell animation (which it appears, Disney does not produce anymore). I have always found CGI, no matter how well done, to be a bit distant and cold. Dumbo looked like ****! I am also not a fan of Burton's later work.

Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre  Apr 4 2019, 03:49:43 PM

Touch Me from Rocky.

Hair the Musical  Mar 24 2019, 03:28:47 PM

The Flesh Failures/ Let the Sun Shine In, never ceases to bring a tear to my eye.

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 6 2018, 08:20:51 PM

Ok, I watched the performance. Her accent was good. If this is causing controversy. what will happen when Speilgberg's remake of West side Story comes out with Rita Moreno playing Pop's role? You think the Jets would hang out in a PR Soda Shop?

Wicked - 15th Anniversary  Sep 27 2018, 04:24:17 PM

We are getting to the point where mothers, whose first exposure to Broadway was Wicked will be bringing their daughters to Wicked!

New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer!  Sep 17 2018, 11:59:07 AM

I love that Dick Van Dyke is still so very spry at his age!

The Bad Seed- Revival?  Sep 12 2018, 06:02:53 PM

Why not just adapt We Have to Talk About Kevin for the stage?

Evita Question  Sep 1 2018, 02:53:55 PM

Having worked on Next to Normal, Three Tall Women and other shows along that line, it is usually a life casting of the actress's face on a , usually custom built,

dummy. It is cheaper then paying an actress to take on the role.

Or for paying the extra fees to have to make up a swing and have a custom costume made.

It's Christmas Time in the City  Aug 17 2018, 02:33:32 PM

Check out Off-Broadway as well. The Irish Rep always presents an intimate and wonderful Christmas show each year. Whether it be A Child's Christmas in Wales or It's a Wonderful Life the Radio Show. I do not know what they are doing this holiday season but ALL of their shows ar top notch. They are currently running On a Clear Day, Soon to be followed by Bill Erwin's Beckett.

Elphaba's Leotard  Aug 1 2018, 04:12:21 PM

I am sure at this point in the game the costume builder's have bolts of customer dyed fabric and construct the unitards according to the actresses measurements. Unitards are not hard to make at all.

HAIR LIVE! To Air On NBC Spring 2019  Jul 25 2018, 04:10:44 PM

I saw Hair 26 times in the recent revival. It has a very strong book! I also found it strangely Patriotic in an unpatriotic protest about an illegal war. I lived during that era and on more then one occasion say the black Continentals pulling up to people's homes on my paper route with Military Officers delivering the sad news to families.

To this day I cannot listen to Flesh Failures/ Let the Sun Shine In, without bursting into tears.

Saddest songs in musical theater  Jun 28 2018, 11:26:10 AM

Flesh Failures/Let the Sun Shine In- HAIR

The Cher Show  Jun 11 2018, 09:36:10 PM

I worked on one of her retro Armor costumes. Bob Mackie is designing the. Ours had to be silver rather then gold due to copy right laws.

Angels in America dinner break recommendations  Apr 5 2018, 06:54:01 PM

i always go to Gahalage'rs whenever I am in the area. Adore their CHICKEN POT PIE! Plus it has such a wonderful ambiance. Where you sit in a dark booth on the second floor and still get waifs of the lively conversations.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You