Is anyone here still?

balto
#1Is anyone here still?
Posted: 12/2/08 at 8:29am

We used to get weekly updates. We used to have reviews of ALL shows, but especially Hippodrome shows. We used to have people looking at the Baltimore board... yet, it seems that Messrs. Shubow and Howard have left the building!

Also, does anyone check this "event calendar"? Someone posted something dirty there that I'm not quite sure is real...

If nobody is going to post regular updates here, then bww should just remove this board...

writerguy
#2re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 12/3/08 at 10:30am

Yeah, I certainly miss the updates, as well.

If James and Charles are still monitoring this, in these now a need for someone else to step up and fill the void? Certainly hope all is ok, health-wise.

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#2re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 2/1/09 at 8:38pm

James Howard quit working for Broadwayworld back in the fall. He got tired of being personally attacked for every review he wrote.

Mr Shubow still writes, but as you can see, its not nearly as much as Mr Howard used to. His latest reviews came out 3 weeks into 4 week runs of both shows.

As an active performer in baltimore and a friend of Mr Howard, I just hope everyone who uses this forum and this website is happy now with what its become.

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

writerguy
#3re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 1:53pm

Hey LuvUrBatBoy. Contrary to your apparent belief, not everyone attacked James Howard. Most of us, in fact, supported him. Seems to me the people who most attacked him were the producers and performers of shows that he panned.
Updated On: 2/2/09 at 01:53 PM

balto
#4re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 2/5/09 at 8:44am

Whoever is writing for the site, though, should be at the first performance of at least the Hippdrome shows and post reviews the next day...

writerguy
#5re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 2/5/09 at 2:06pm

Agreed, but that might be a hard sell in this economy. Who wants to volunteer to spend so much time on a non-paying (or maybe small-paying) gig? James, indeed, provided a great service for the local theater community.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#6re: Is anyone here still?
Posted: 2/5/09 at 10:41pm

I'll be checkin' out the Baltimore Board a lot now because I'm looking to get back on stage this summer while I home from school in Pittsburgh.