News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuvUrBatBoy

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: LuvUrBatBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Looks like Rob Marshall's INTO THE WOODS Film Is Gonna Happen Sooner Rather  Jun 22 2012, 10:26:09 AM
Off the wall casting, and prob not a big enough role for her, but I think Melissa McCarthy would be a hilarious Jack's Mom, depending on the age of Jack.
Looks like Rob Marshall's INTO THE WOODS Film Is Gonna Happen Sooner Rather than Later  Jun 22 2012, 10:11:00 AM
Oh, good. So I wonder in who's mind all the musical numbers will take place this time? The Witch? The Baker's Wife? Milky White?

I hope he finds a new concept....

And I know I will probably get skewered for this, but I know Marshall likes to use pop singers...who arguably end up being highlights of the piece (Queen Latifah, Fergie, Mya etc)...I think Lady Gaga would be a fantastic Witch. She def has the belt for Last Midnight, and would bring the starpower to appeal to a l

If Bombshell were an actual Broadway Musical...  May 16 2012, 02:41:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, what would the musical number order/track listing be? Listening to the musical numbers used in Smash for Bombshell, I was wondering how they fit into the plot. Thoughts?

My logical guess would be:

1. Let Me Be Your Star
2. Second Hand White Baby Grand
3. 20th Century Fox Mambo
4. Never Met a Wolf
5. The Great American Pasttime
6. Smash
7. Mr & Mrs Smith
8. Let's Be Bad
9. Don't Say Yes Until Ive Finished Talking
10. Le

Funny/Odd things you've heard on Cast Recordings  Apr 14 2012, 10:23:43 AM
On the recording of "Put 'Em Back the Way They Was" from Lil Abner, one ensemble member can VERY clearly be heard thinking they were at the call and response part of the chorus (when they werent) and yells "PU.." then quickly cuts off. I laugh every time.
BARE: A Pop Opera  Oct 27 2011, 01:47:13 PM
What this show needs is some editing and a clearer/less truncated finale. Hopefully the reading will present a book that is much more cohesive than previous versions.

*SPOILER ALERT*
The ending is far too vague regarding the overdose versus suicide, and Act 2 as a whole is way too melodramatic.

Addams Family Tour Cast?  Jul 22 2011, 08:31:02 AM
Heard from a reliable source that opera singer Tom Corbeil is Lurch.
Women on the Verge Cast Recording Question  Jul 10 2011, 08:22:35 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already, I searched and didnt see anything...

Back in January, my bf and I saw Women on the Verge, and at that time he prepaid for the Cast Recording at the theatre. We got a little slip that verified the payment, but didnt give any type of details as to when it would ship and who to contact. We gave my name and address to the merch salesperson.

Obviously the recording has been out for a while and we have yet to receive anything. I dont know who to

Lawrence Clayton out of Les Miz tour  Apr 6 2011, 08:41:43 AM
Word is from people associated with the tour was that he had some major health problems which caused the departure (Mold found growing in his lungs).

Tara Rubin has already held auditions for an immediate replacement, and judging by a rejection email I saw, they are sticking with the "Non-traditional" casting of the role.

Funny Girl Revival  Mar 18 2011, 03:01:07 PM
I think it's funny that everyone on here is so quick to discount Lea Michele's abilities due to her success on Glee. The girl had supporting/starring roles in 5 broadway shows for over a decade. Granted there's a difference between playing a daughter in Fiddler, and Fanny Brice, but I dont think we should discredit her so quickly.
POTO tour closes tonight  Nov 1 2010, 02:34:55 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but at last night's closing show, Andrew Lloyd Webber was in attendance and came out on stage at the end of curtain call. After thanking the company and saying a few words, he surprised everyone (including the cast) by dedicating the show to the "woman who inspired it all" and brought Sarah Brightman out on stage.

Recordings of Rose's Turn  Oct 15 2010, 09:52:59 AM
Are those available anywhere to purchase (or trade if someone feels generous? LOL)
Recordings of Rose's Turn  Oct 15 2010, 08:25:24 AM
and Bette Midler's...forgot that one.
Recordings of Rose's Turn  Oct 15 2010, 08:24:24 AM
Are there any other recorded versions of Rose's Turn out there that Im not aware of?

I have:
Patti Lupone
Ethel Merman
Roz Russell
Angela Lansbury
Tyne Daley
Bernadette Peters
Betty Buckley
Liza Minnelli
Kurt Hummell (LOL)

Any others out there?

OK let's recast Night Music again  Sep 9 2010, 12:58:42 PM
As far as the Baltimore production, there were only a few weak links: namely Maxwell Caulfield as Carl Magnus, and Polly Bergen as Madame Armfeldt.

Any of the other cast members would fair beautifully in their roles on broadway:
Barbara Walsh was a more cynical Desiree, but still lovely
Sarah Uriarte Berry was great as Petra
and Josh Young was great as Henrik, in face better in my opinion than Herdlicka

I would also love to see Karen Ziemba take on Desiree, though I

OK let's recast Night Music again  Sep 8 2010, 08:00:43 AM
I'm in LOVE with the Audra idea and what about Phylicia Rashad opposite her as Madame Armfeldt? Ive heard she was great as the witch in Into the Woods,

And Broadway needs to see Kate Baldwin (Finian's Rainbow)'s Charlotte...She was perfect in the role at Center Stage in Baltimore.

Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?  Aug 31 2010, 08:07:07 AM
To answer your question,

Ive seen the tour a few times recently, and its been 10 years or so since Ive seen the Broadway production, but the chandelier is basically handled the same way. It starts onstage, is raised during the overture and is brought down during the Act 1 Finale.

As far as the candles, and candleabras, the tour travels with their own stage floor, which is loaded in for each city, the candles rise out of the floor for the lair/river scenes, and the Candleabras m

Musicals you want revived  Aug 27 2010, 01:25:40 PM
With the advances made in technology (projections, lighting, etc) I think a revival of Sunset Boulevard could survive well with big name broadway talents in the role of Norma.

Scaling down the sets to projections (ie the Sunday in the Park) revival would also keep it much more manageable financially

Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?  Aug 26 2010, 02:05:20 PM
Yesterday was the official announcement to cast and crew of no further extension.

As far as the shape of the tour, aside from some sound issues last week in Cleveland, it's still in wonderful shape, and I agree with the comment about the fantastic cast

Jennifer Hope Wills to exit PHANTOM September 4  Aug 8 2010, 11:06:14 AM

All-Male Grease!  Mar 21 2010, 10:47:16 AM
Saw it last night. Thought it was hilarious, and yeah some of the jokes were lost or seemed out of place with the gender change but you got used to it.

The pink "ladies" were all wonderful, and Patty Simcox was HILARIOUS as a queeny male cheerleader

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You