News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009

Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#2re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009
Posted: 1/23/09 at 2:25pm

That name sounds so familiar...

What has she done? Does anyone know? I looked on IMDB and didn't recognize anything (unless I just missed something).

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum
Updated On: 1/23/09 at 02:25 PM

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#2re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009
Posted: 1/23/09 at 2:28pm

What has she done?

Jude Law.

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009
Posted: 1/23/09 at 2:31pm

She also canoodled with a married actor on a boat with her tatas out in the wind. She unconvincingly attempted to play Edie Sedgewisk too.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#4re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009
Posted: 1/23/09 at 4:18pm

I thought she was quite good in Interview with Steve Buscemi.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 1/23/09 at 04:18 PM

Jon
#5re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE in Fall 2009
Posted: 1/23/09 at 4:28pm

She follows in the footsteps of Saffron Burrows, another English actress with a first name that sounds like a Crayola crayon color, and did a film version of Miss Julie a few years ago.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE i
Posted: 1/23/09 at 4:49pm

So random, was anyone really clamoring for Sienna Miller to come to the stage?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Parks
#7re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE i
Posted: 1/23/09 at 5:00pm

ray, that's exactly what I was thinking... very random.

I know her has the girl that Perez hates. Well, one of the many...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#8re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE i
Posted: 1/23/09 at 5:10pm

To answer the original question:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1092227/

She's a film actress who's gotten some high praise from the likes of Roger Ebert. Surely, he's a hack compared to the Schadenfreude-laden writers on this board, but he seems to think she has some talent. Should be interesting to see if that translates to the stage.

edited since the question was actually the second post.

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman
Updated On: 1/23/09 at 05:10 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#9re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE i
Posted: 1/23/09 at 5:24pm

In 2005 she starred in a West End production, playing Celia in As You Like It alongside Helen McCrory as Rosalind. Two days after it opened, McCrory was taken ill. Miller overstepped the understudy and texted the director David Lan: 'I know Rosalind's part if you need me to do it. X.' It was an audacious display of ambition that paid off. She only needed two prompts during her performance of Shakespeare's longest female role and it won her a standing ovation.

Why had she learnt the leading role? 'I hadn't tried to, but it had been eight weeks and I've got a weird memory for lines. Also, watching Helen McCrory, who's this incredible actress, every day, I was far more interested in her performance than my own. Then you've got the Tannoy on in your dressing-room so you're hearing these lines. I suddenly realised that I knew it. But I knew Dominic West's part [Orlando] as well.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/3553887/Sienna-Miller-a-sense-of-theatre.html

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Ed_Mottershead
#10re: Sienna Miller to Make Broadway Debut in Roundabout's AFTER MISS JULIE i
Posted: 1/23/09 at 8:30pm

I'm just teary-eyed about this. This is the most touching thing I've heard since it was announced that Ethel Merman had married Ernest Borgnine.

BroadwayEd

Videos